Hemp wicks

Does anyone use the hemp wicks. I used them in my 5" 3 wick pillar and also am trying one in mottled, three layer 3" spicey pillar(paraffin) and I think I really like them. The wick burns straight up and has the prettiest oval to point flame if that makes sense.:confused: You know - like pictures they show icon4.gif

Yes, I use them in my 2 and 3" pillars. I love them. They stand up and don't fall over. Burn almost perfectly! More people should use them. But I'm having a prob getting double layered mottled pillar out of mold. Any help there? Already tried frig and freezer. Thanks.

Hmmm... if either of you guys wouldn't mind, can you give me a starting size to try - I'm really looking for a wick I can buy thats pre-tabbed and primed already to try in my pillars.

Thanks for posting this.

EDIT: Tx, if even using the freezer didn't help - the only thing you can do is a heatgun the outside a bit to slightly melt it. Since its a mottle, maybe the dull finish that may result may not be too much of distraction - but again, use it as sparingly as possible.

The size I used in the mottled 3" pillar was a 60048 - which it said was for a 31/2 to 4" but since the pillar was spicy scents - previously used 60 zinc, I decided to go with the larger. Think though the 1400 which is for a 21/2 - 3" would have been OK. Hate to waste another pillar though. I really like the way it burns. I use the htp in my containers but I do not use that in my pillars because of the slight bend at tip of wick, makes it sorta burn more on the side it bends toward. As far as getting the pillar out of mold, after leaving in the freezer for 10-15 minutes if it still doesn't come out I take wick pin out, put finger over hole in pillar and blow from bottom of mold, that always works for me. hth