Snowman Jar?

Been busy updating website and ordering Christmas items.I ordered the snowman glass jar.Shipped Saturday.I cannot make up my mind to paint the face or not.What would some of you do??? It would stand out but afraid that the paint will chip in no time.So the question is paint or not to paint and what kind of paint should I use if I decide??? I am sure I would find the paint at a craft store.I have never painted glass so a having a hard time deciding.

Also now I got the jar I must come up with all "white" candles(FO).GEE have I limited myself.All I can think of are vanillas, clean scents(who wants that for Christmas). I will have to look over the list but if they dont sell I am stuck. I just wanted the jar without thinking.UNIQUE you know.

TIA

LynnS

BCN has a nice scent called "Jack Frost"....a smooth minty scent that reminds me of candy canes.

I don't think you have to stick to all white candles. I think it would be interesting to have them done in the reds and greens, as well. Just my own opinion (as a consumer).

:smiley2:

to paint the faces use enamel paint and then you put it in the oven and bake it on and then it's safe for the top rack of the dishwasher, so it will not chip very easily.

i'd leave mine white you can scent it anything, just leave out the dye.

I agree with going to festive colors.Snowmen are white but kinda drab for the season.Finally Wal Mart has their decorations out and getting ideas for a Open House or the craft shows I have left.Still looking for more to get into but not much time.If I did a green color could do the eyes and nose black and the scarf white or red.That would really come out pretty. WOW now for the tedious painting.UGH!!!!!

Interesting about putting in the oven to keep the paint from peeling.I would never thought of that.I did get one person to ask if I would re-fill the pumpkin jars but I made it a practice NOT to.I really really wanted to because her friend is a big customer and the one who asked me.I am sure she understood.So I bet others will be asking to re-fill FROSTY.

Can't wait till they get here.It's alot of candle (21 ounces)

I did see Jack Frost on BCN and did think "what a good scent for FROSTY".

LynnS

We painted our jars last year with a permanent marker. they have the colors you need. We did not have a problem with the color coming off the jars. We also left ours white and still did all the christmas scents. cinaberry, hot cocoa, bayberry etc. They sold real good for us. Good luck!!!

i use the folk art enamel paints from wally world, the kind you use for one stroke painting on glass the instructions say to let air dry 1 hour and then put in a cool oven and turn heat on the 350 and bake 30 minutes, turn oven off and let the jars cool in the oven. i have used these paints for my one stroke painting and they work great.