Need help with recipe

MsDammit

I have been messing around all day trying to get my lotion stick just right, but it seems like no matter what I do it's still to soft & greasy. My last try was 16% beeswax, 25% shea butter, 25% cocoa butter, 32% oils, & 2%FO. When I up the beeswax it feels too waxy, I'm thinking I have too much soft oils??

I find the unrefined a bit stickier, but I like the "benefit" of it so I use it anyway.

If I could find my notebook (dang move, LOST MY NOTES, I would share my 4 months of daily work with you. Wait - WHEN I find my notebook I will do that! (thankfully my soap notes & recipes are also on my computer). \

I find the unrefined a bit stickier, but I like the "benefit" of it so I use it anyway.

If I could find my notebook (dang move, LOST MY NOTES, I would share my 4 months of daily work with you. Wait - WHEN I find my notebook I will do that! (thankfully my soap notes & recipes are also on my computer). \

Lol, oh boy I would be dead if I lost my trusty ol notebook.

Mine are a bit balm like too, but I like them that way. I use:

1/3 soy or beeswax-I like a blend of the two, 1/3 butter stuff and 1/3 oils (fo at 1-2%) I only make/use it in the winter so melting hasnt been an issue for me.

My friend makes hers based on a basic recipe of

50%brittle (beeswax, soywax and she says cocoa butter) 25%hard oils/butters and 25% liquid oils and does her eo's only at 1% they melt on the skin but kind of drag a bit for my taste.

I have read that people use cornstarch to counteract the greasy feel but I am not sure at what percentage or when it is added.