CPHP Soap Mold Question

junebug

I tried to find a mold like the one in the CPHP tutorial here at CandleTech, but I could not.

What I did find was an 8 in 1 mini loaf silicone bakeware.

It basically is made of rubber, pretty pricy at 10 dollars, but I hope I can use it.

The brand is Roshco and it is called Baker's Advantage.

:)TIA!!

I do not have a super walmart where I live. I bought a silicone 8 in 1 mold at the regular Walmart. I tried Target and Bed Bath and Beyond. I want to know if it will be ok for CPHP soap. I am assuming it will, I know there are soap molds out there, this one can withstand 500 degrees of heat.:)

TIA!

Junebug, the silicone one will be just fine. I know some people have had problems with their soaps turning red but I don't know for sure if that happens everytime. I say use it and see what happens. I found that my Walmart didn't have the metal loaf pans for a while but they have had them recently so keep looking.

Thank you!!! I have no problem with red, I guess I will just add a maple dye chip to make a red maple swirl!

Thanks again!!! I want to make some soap in the morning.

I ran around all day today buying all the supplies. Never found Coconut oil. Got the lye though!

So I have lard, olive oil and castor oil to make my debut.

Thanks again!! I really appreciaate it!:yay:

lol - WalMart hasn't had a chance to take over San Diego as it has in the rest of the country! But never fear, june you just run up to Murphy Canyon or to National City and the regular walmart has the same stuff as the super walmart (sans the groceries)....And you can usually find about the same stuff at Target. WHile I was in San Diego I used to dream about being able to go to the 'big walmart' - huh .... be careful what you wish for - I would give anything for a target or k-mart....lol I have learned to hate walmart!

There is also a place, I'm thinking it was in Spring Valley, that has lots of soap making supplies - oils, etc....she also had a few nice fo's - Can't remember the name of the company but if you google you will find it. There are lots of places to find lye also....

Have fun making your first batch of soap!!

I have the mold shown in the tutorial, I did get it at Walmart. But I am finding that I prefer my biscuit pans from the Dollar Tree!:yay: Stainless steel so they are safe to use, and I like the size bars, I get out of them. I like the cut look to the bars instead of the molded look from the mini loaf pans. Of course I really want a large wooden mold eventually!

Hope you enjoy your first venture!