Scent loss towards end of containers

Hello Peeps!

I have a bit of a posing question to ask.

I was recently advised that container candles will sometimes not throw off scent when it reaches the end. It was explained that as the container burns, the FO rises to the top into the melt pool to give off its scent. This would explain that as you get towards the end there is very little scent as almost all the FO has been used during previous burn.

My question is, I can see you all nodding, you know what I'm going to ask :grin2:.

Is there any way that this can be prevented so that a container smells just as good towards the end as it does at the beginning? Or is it just a science thing and there's not much you can do about it.

Sorry, told you it was a poser.

Ruby

Ok, I've never really tried container candles, but aren't they supposed to only fully melt in the top layer, with only a small 1cm or so depth of a melt pool? The rest is supposed to stay solid right? So this would mean that all that scent would remain, so it would only really be lost at the very very end (when the room prob smells strong enough anyway!!!!)

OK - I think I may have just had a 'moment'. I think it's my hormones, I'm getting to that funny age. Least that's what my kids say LOL.

I think she may have meant that once the container candle is nearing the end it doesn't smell so much. If there isn't a lot of wax then it can't achieve a good melt pool.

What do I know, I'm only a newbie who at the moment feels like she's going gaga.

Ruby