Sugar scrub....getting more glideeeeee

schmoopie

Hi all,

Finally broke down and tried the Bohunk recipe......

Love it BUT....... my little family (my testers:wink2:) thought it was alittle too abrasive, which i can fix by adding less sugar.....and that it needed to glide on better. Its stiff like a paste/frosting. I'm not sure if just less sugar will accomplish that.

Here is what I did as far as tweaking

10% e-wax < up this to 11% because I don't have cetyl alcohol

8% stearic

7% each cocoa butter and, shea

17% coconut

30% pk < didn't have so I used equal parts of apricot kernal and SAO

17%sunflower

2% frag

1% phenonip <used Germall plus, from what I read I thought this would work.... if anyone knows differently, PLEASE let me know!

Made a whipped up base...... only added sugar to a bit of it as a tester, which was the one they said was abrasive and not enough glide.....

At this point could I add something to the base for glide or you think just less sugar?

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks!

I've never made the bohunk recipe but I've used it. It is a little too stiff for me.

I whip my scrub until it is light and fluffy and it stays that way in the jar. I add extra sugar and crystalized sugar for extra scrub. Maybe you could lower the ewax a tiny bit and whip it longer at the end. Mine almost quadruples in size from it's liquid state.