craft show question..maybe a first

latch

Now you know when you have ideas and there is no one who can really give you any input...I come to my candletech family... please dont laugh..

i am doing a small festival in 2 weeks and was wanting to offer a small bar area to attract attention. maybe something easy... offer 10 to 20 scents to choose from and some already packaged salts and mix for them. maybe even, with linen & body sprays, and even bubble bath and shower gels?? still considering lotion, as that could get a little messy,

Is there a sanitarian (if i spelled that rt) issue here i should be concerned about?

and while i am asking all the questions... just how do you scent unscented bath bombs?

tia

Cannot imagine any sanitary issues with salts or the linen sprays, but with anything containing water you could run into a problem. Preservatives can only do so much - if a considerable amount of contamination is introduced they won't be able to handle it (and the recommended preservative levels assume you are using GMPs and avoiding much contamination)! Lotion in particular I would recommend avoiding!

As for as scenting the bath bombs, I suppose you could try putting a few drops of FO directly onto the bombs. I don't know if it would make them warty or not. Give it a shot!

Ok, if you're thinking of doing this at a show, I would start with just maybe 2 or 3 different scents as you don't want it to be overwhelming for you or your customers, and since it's a new thing you'll be trying it would just be easier to really "test drive" this idea, ya know?? ;)

As far as scenting unscented bathbombs, I'm not sure you could actually do that??

I would buy a pkg. of those cheapo plastic gloves (you know the ones that food servers use??).

I think if I was you, I would do a test run at your house, invite some friends/neighbors etc. over to give a try first to see how smoothly you can make it run. JMHO.

that's an excellent idea actually! Not the bath bombs though... that'd be tragic...*l*.... the salts are nice... are you labeling or tagging? Have pre labled tabs on the side and only offer 1 size... I think you'd be in business... :D The children would like this....