Wax melters

Right now I'm using a double boiler on my stove top. But I am looking into getting a small wax melter. The kind with the nozel and plugs into the wall. Specifically looking at the one that GL carries. How easy are these to clean? I mean the nozel part... I'm wondering how you clean that out.

hmm... i am not much help ... i have 2 melters .. one for container & one for pillar :shocked2:

you need to get your handy guy or dad or friend to make you one! lol

that way you won't have to worry about cleaning the nozzle.

who is "GL"? i am not with it this evening, lol. forgot to ask ... what size is this melter? my melters are on a 220 volt.

jm2c,

stacy

hmm... i am not much help ... i have 2 melters .. one for container & one for pillar :shocked2:

you need to get your handy guy or dad or friend to make you one! lol

that way you won't have to worry about cleaning the nozzle.

who is "GL"? i am not with it this evening, lol. forgot to ask ... what size is this melter? my melters are on a 220 volt.

jm2c,

stacy

How would they make me one??

The melter I'm thinking about getting is from Green Leaf Candle Supply:

8_lb_wax_melter_small.jpg

bullet3.gif Wax Melter - holds 8 lbs melted wax We use these ourselves when running small batches of candles. Can also be used to melt soaps. The spout makes this convenient, safer and less messy than dipping in a container to get the melted product.

$49.95

add_to_cart.gif

They are easy to "clean" out because you don't use scented wax in them, you just use it as a melter and use the spout to fill up a pouring pitcher then add color and scent to your pitcher. If you used the 8# melter for your batches it would be harder to clean up for sure and if you used powder dye like I do it would be almost impossible to get all the color out. Bruce

Good luck finding a presto pot at WalMart. I called 3 WalMarts within a 100 mile radius from where I live and they all told me they do not carry them anymore. One store had a display model, but none in boxes. I did a search online and found that Home Depot carries them for $29 but only for online sales. They can't be purchased in the store. There were some other online sites to purchase from ranging in price from $30 - $45 plus shipping of course. I am getting discouraged, I was planning on purchasing 5 of them right away.