Dipping Things?

High I am knew here and this is my first post. Have been reading alot of the postes and was wondering if anyone dips anything besides animals or pine cones? I have been dipping stuffed animals for about one month and just started dippeing pine cones two days ago. Both are selling well, looking for creative ideas.

I dipped "rag balls" last year to make scented tree ornaments & they worked out great! Just ripped long ragged strips of fabric & wrapped around fluffs of stuffing til I had a ball shape, then dip, dry & hang em up! Next time I'll prolly use small styrofoam balls to wrap fabric around, just to make it a little easier on myself.

I dipped "rag balls" last year to make scented tree ornaments & they worked out great! Just ripped long ragged strips of fabric & wrapped around fluffs of stuffing til I had a ball shape, then dip, dry & hang em up! Next time I'll prolly use small styrofoam balls to wrap fabric around, just to make it a little easier on myself.

You better test that first, the foam may melt with 200*F wax.

did you use real leaves or fake leaves?

I used real leaves since it was just for my display and it was about this time of year when my show started. You wouldn't believe the shine the leaves have when you dip them in wax once and cool them in a water bath very quickly. (its nice to have a huge dip tank) People don't think they are real because the looked too pretty.

If I were to sell them and scent them I guess the fake leaves would work fine, just have to make sure the scents don't do something weird to them when you dip them.

You better test that first, the foam may melt with 200*F wax.

Thanks Candle Man!

I usually dip at a much lower temp though, like around the 150* mark or lower, but still I see your point & it's a good one. I did test on one rag-wrapped styrofoam ball last year (didn't have any more on hand) and it worked ok...but that was likely due to how quickly it was removed from the wax. Super fast dipping! :-) That's why I was thinking I might just do em all that way this year.

Has anyone tried dipping those wooden "wicker/rattan-looking" spheres that they sell in the craft section of wal-mart? They're about 2 1/2 - 3 inches around I think. I saw those and thought maybe they'd be cute dipped in wax and then maybe sprinkled with glitter afterwards to use for tree ornaments. Any thoughts?