Which wick for 16oz Mason Jar?

gmp

Hello All ~

Hoping some of the more experienced folks can help me out. I am using IGI 4786 container wax in 16 oz ball mason jars. Which wick size would you recommend? I am a newbie and am so overwhelmed by the choices out there.:shocked2:

Thanks in advance!

Many thanks to all of you for responding!

Now, I hate to do this, but can you tell me if this pretabbed zinc core wick:

w51-32-18Z Medium

...is the same as "51 zinc" or "51-31"? (I found this on Bitter Creek North, which is where I am getting the other supplies).

Sorry in advance for having to be "spoon-fed" on this. Hope I can return the favor to future newbies one day! :wink2:

Many thanks to all of you for responding!

Now, I hate to do this, but can you tell me if this pretabbed zinc core wick:

w51-32-18Z Medium

...is the same as "51 zinc" or "51-31"? (I found this on Bitter Creek North, which is where I am getting the other supplies).

Sorry in advance for having to be "spoon-fed" on this. Hope I can return the favor to future newbies one day! :wink2:

I would think so. I believe the medium means the diameter of the container in which you would use this wick in. I hope I'm not wrong. Maybe e-mail BCN and ask them.

Guest amynleebishop
Hello All ~

Hoping some of the more experienced folks can help me out. I am using IGI 4786 container wax in 16 oz ball mason jars. Which wick size would you recommend? I am a newbie and am so overwhelmed by the choices out there.:shocked2:

Thanks in advance!

I make candles in 16oz mason jars and I use the 60-44-18's in zinc and CD 12's in the heinz core. I like the zinc better because it burns cleaner. Since the mouth of the mason jar is 3 in the base is closer to 4.

Hope this helps!

Guest amynleebishop

Your Welcome! I have tried wicking down to the 51's and even though they are 3 to 3.5 which is what the mouth of the mason jars are ......the base of the mason jars are closer to 4, so the 60's work great for me. I wish you luck!