Am i doing something wrong

I use J50 and i have been using jelly jars and soup cans to practice i am using zinc wicks 44-32-18 for i think it is 2.5-4.0 diameter. I have tried the 1, 1 1/4, 1 1/2, 2 ounces of fo's with my testing. I know they say alot gets wasted when you use to much but i was experimenting. The only one i smellled burning was the one with 2 ounces in. BC, country berry hotcakes (yumm). I have tried different scents from NG and BCN. My candles are burning so nice. No waste on the sides color is good. Do you think I am using a wick that is to big? There isnt alot of black smoke like it is to big. I didnt know if it would be burning up the scent. I didnt want to order more before i got some suggestions. this seems to be the right size for what i am doing. the containers are 2.5 diameter. Any suggestions.

Not sure maybe a couple hours. Never checked that i lite one this morning i would say around 9 and it is almost a full melt pool. they always get the full melt pool. I am just not sure what is going on they smell ok in the container.

How much time does it take to get a full melt pool?

Hi, I use J50 in my jj and use 51-32-18 Z wicks with 1.5 oz of FO. I get a good scent throw with this combo. And a good burn, nice melt pool and no hang up. Did you try that wick? Hope that helps a little :highfive:

snow thanks for the help. I just looked up those and the difference is yours say 3-4 mine say 2.5-4 is there something else i should be looking for because sounds to me like they cover the same thing but they must not or they wouldn't sell the 2 different ones. Thank you

Hi, I use J50 in my jj and use 51-32-18 Z wicks with 1.5 oz of FO. I get a good scent throw with this combo. And a good burn, nice melt pool and no hang up. Did you try that wick? Hope that helps a little :highfive:

The wicking recommendations are just guidelines. Each and every combination of wax, color, and fragrance is a unique combo and needs to be tested for correct wick size. You want to shoot for roughly 2.5 hours of burning to get a full melt pool with a container that is 2.5 inches in diameter.

I'd recommend starting with a 51z in a jj and adjusting up or down depending on how fast/slow the candle burns.

hth

a few days. I read on here that j50 doesnt need but a few days usually 2-5. I have read on here that some do cure and some dont. I have tried it both ways and didnt notice any difference.

May I ask how long you are letting the candles cure? I don't use J50, but I know that some waxes need a cure period.

I know, that would be an easy solution oh yes i search and search some more on here. Thank you for the help

OK! I was just checking...thinking that might be the easiest solution.
:)
I see you did your research. :highfive:

You might try burning in a different location to see if that helps. Sometimes the airflow patterns are just weird and the scent is carried away. Or, try stepping out of the room and sniffing some coffee to see if you might just have candlenose. Also, get a 2nd opinion; have another person whiff to see if they can smell them.

hth

Thank you for the advice but i did try those i always try to make 2 one for me and one for someone else to get there opinion. Must be the wick next time i order i will try those 51 zinc wicks recommended. thanks so much for the help it is greatly appriciated.:highfive:

You might try burning in a different location to see if that helps. Sometimes the airflow patterns are just weird and the scent is carried away. Or, try stepping out of the room and sniffing some coffee to see if you might just have candlenose. Also, get a 2nd opinion; have another person whiff to see if they can smell them.

hth