My Sunday

Brat

Was spent pouring a few things. In the back, we have Black Raspberry Vanilla scented Palm Wax, Gingerbread scented Palm Wax, and in the front, one of 17 firestarters with trash wax and sawdust, Creme de la Creme with J-223, and one of about 8 Chestnuts and Brown Sugar in JS Votive Blend.

It's been a while since I posted anything in the gallery, so thought I'd throw something in there. Thanks for looking!

post-1603-139458411509_thumb.jpg

The black one is actually purple, my fault for putting it against a purple background! I used 10 drops of Peak's purple for it. The red one was 5 (I think) red drops of Cajun Candle red. The yellow was probably 5 drops too, Cajun Candle yellow.

Yup, eugenia, that's a wick in the firestarter. Was that wrong? I've never made them before, and they're just going into the firepit, gotta light it with something right? lol

Thanks for the comments!

Yup, eugenia, that's a wick in the firestarter. Was that wrong? I've never made them before, and they're just going into the firepit, gotta light it with something right? lol

No wick in them. Just wax and flammables, like wood chips. They help to get the fire going but you light the fire, not the fire starter.

I make firestarters for my own use and I use wicks in them. Much easier to start that way. For the ones I sell, I use potpouri and pinecones and just make sure they are sticking out the top for customers to light.

These really are some nice candles, the palms are beauts and the votive is perfect! Way to go! Looks like you had a prosperous day!

Thanks!

I'll make some more firestarters without wicks and see what works better for me... thanks for the comments!

I'm with E.....I don't use wicks in firestarters.

People see a wick, they think it's a candle. Someone will burn it like one.

You're probably right! I just made them for our firepit in the backyard. I'll never give one away, everyone else lives in the city where they can't start fires.