Ambre de Nepal (SW) - what should my soap look like?

CareBear

I'm soaping Ambre de Nepal for the SW soap swap, but cannot for the life of me imagine what it should look like. I have oxides and micas available, as well as liquid dyes.

I usually do CP, but can do CPOP. I can do layers, swirls (70% hit rate lately), the usual stuff.

What should I do to make this a beautiful batch?

That is tough. I think of an amber color, but might be hard to get, since the FO turns a light chocolate milk brown. This is just me, but I would take out half the batch to scent and get an amberish color going in it and swirl it in the unscented portion. Maybe adding a little gold to the scented portion. But I am sure whatever you decide, it will be lovely. :D

Carol, I haven't soaped it myself (yet), but I'm told it discolors to a warm/medium chocolate brown. Maybe some reds and golds to play off the brown? It's such a spicy, sultry fragrance that it begs to be colored in dark earthy tones, IMO.

Freeflowing thoughts: Amber... Nepal... Himalayas... Kathmandu... exotic... sensuous... sarangi (instrument) ...mysterious...

HTH. Can't wait to see/smell it! :)