Botanicals?

I have seen wax discriptions as "contains botanicals" "blended with botanicals" Anyone know or have a guess as to what type of botanicals would be used in soy wax?
My Webster's defines botanicals as "derived from plants". Cottonseed and palm oils seem to be pretty popular 'botanicals' in soy/veg. wax.

Thank you for the reply. I knew what botanicals are I was just wondering if anyone knew what the specific botanical additives were in the wax. I haven't seen a reason given for the addition of botanicals so I was trying to find info. on how they enhance wax. That is why I thought it would be helpful to find what specific ones were used. Is cottonseed and palm used in soy strickly to improve the frosting issues?

You're welcome. I just added the def. b/c botanical sounds strange in a description for a candle wax. Maybe it's just me. :undecided I could understand a lotion, shampoo, etc. using it as marketing term. Or even a salad. But a shortening.... Oh well.

I'd suppose the specific botanicals would be dependent on the particular manufactured shortenings. After flipping through some MSDS sheets, most have "partially hydrogenated [veg.] oil(s)" and occasionally, an emulsifier.

As far as I read/understand, partially hydrogenated cottonseed & palm oils has a smoother crystal structure upon solidification than partially hydrogenated soybean oil would have alone. Therefore, the smoother and creamier appearance. I'd think that the veg. derived emulsifier would be used to help control the frosting issue.