my basket

Brandies22

Hello everyone , i wanted to know what everyone would sell this basket for, it cost me about $8.00 for everything you see in the picture , i'm not really sure because this is my first basket that i'm going to sell , i have made a few others but only to give away, any thoughts would be great , thanks in advance

Brandy

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n113/Brandies22/jackfrostbasket.jpg

$15-$20 sounds to low to me.

I would go by the retail of each product then $6-$12 extra for the basket, wrapping, bow etc. & time.

ETA - The reason I say that is, you don't want to sell a basket cheaper than you would the total of each item at retail. It takes extra product to wrap a basket and the extra time.

If you sell your baskets for less than I can buy each product you put in it, then I wont buy each product I'll buy the basket at a cheaper price.

HTH

ok the basket was 1.00 the star 50-cents the snowman 1.99 it holds 12oz of wax, one clam shell 50-cents and the snowball i made by hand, the hold basket has about 20oz of wax all together

How much would you Retail each item for? That would help to figure out the selling price of a basket.

Let me take a guess at the retail prices of your products...

Basket with filler, wrapping & bow $8.00

Star tealight holder with tealight $4.00

Snowman container $16.00

Clam shell wax melts $3.50

Snowball candle $5.00

=$36.50

You really should try to make triple your costs on your products. Price it in the low to mid 20's $22.50 , $23.50. Somewhere close to 20 bucks to get them to buy it and not too much over 20.00 to keep them from walking away from it. If anyone ever wanted to buy them from you wholesale you would not make much if you were retailing them for 15.00.

If your in the right market, you could go higher like candleman says, but I kind of follow along with how the nations top retailer got to where they are today. Fair prices, good products. They might not be sticking with that philosophy now days, since they have demolished or bought out most of their competition. I guess if I got big and bought out Yankeeee and a few others I would change my business plan too.

Bruce

Speaking for my area alone, I would expect someone to pay $20, but it would never sell for $36.50. Sorry, Candle Man. Again, this is JUST in my area.

Then how much would you Retail each of the products in the basket for?

You don't make baskets cheaper priced than the total retail of each item + the cost & time of the basket, at least I won't.

yeah baskets are definitly worth more than you would think... look at me i didn't have enough time to make a basket for my hubby so i figured i'd just buy one it came with 2 8oz bottles of coke a $10 blockbuster gift card a rice krispie treat craker jack horrible popcorn and like 2 other things (most of which you can get from the dollar store) i paid $60 for it... people will pay crazy prices just for convienence alone i would charge $30 for that basket its not to high so your prob just below competition but your high enough to actually make use of how costly baskets are