Cherry pie fragrance oil

military_wife

I bought some black cherry from rustic escentuals about a year and a half ago. It still smells wonderful from the bottle, and when I add it to my gel, it smells great. I used to have good luck making 3 & 5" pies.

The problem is, when I make my pies, you can't smell them when they are burning. Is it possible that the fo is too old? I want these pies to blow your socks off!

Can anyone recommend a better fragrance, or should I just scrap this bottle and get a newer one? I feel like an idiot for asking. I've never had a problem with any of my fragrances getting old.

Thanks!

Wendy

And I am absolutely delighted with AH Cherry Mist (Chermark) - find it has an amazing cold throw with the best hot throw! I use this to make cherry pies and you can smell them through the plastic packaging and burning - yummmm! I use zinc wicks in my pies.....

What gel are you using? Penreco and what density. I think the fo should still be good, I have some older than that that still works. BUT I did buy some gel from someone else...a legitamate place that makes gel just a bit differently from Penreco brand....and it does not throw scent like Penreco. SIGH....

Other than that, maybe try wicking up... also, you can add more fo to the gel than you think, 1 oz per lb if it's MP more if it's HP. HTH

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone my name is tee1tee I am new to making candles, I just pray that I can get and keep customers, I am doing this as a second business, and I am wondering how do you price your candles? Do you charge by the ounce, or I am very clueless. thank you