First time newbie question....

tamilea

Ok, actually 2nd time...but 1st time was several years ago and the recipe was completely spelled out for me, soooo...

How do you figure out the amount of fo to use in a cp recipe? I know that is probably a completely stupid question, but what can I say!:whistle:

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I have been going by most of the supplier's recommendations of .5 ppo and it is not enough scent. I soaped today with BB English Rose at that rate and can hardly smell it. I want to be able to smell the scent on my skin when I use it. I'm going to try 1 oz ppo the next time to see what happens and will adjust according to the fo. I've been soaping for a year just for my use but want to start selling. My recipe is great, just need to work on the scent and coloring.

It is rare indeed when there is any siginficant scent left on my skin from a hand crafted soap. But hey, maybe I'm the anomoli

Most of the time what I see recommended is 0.7 - 1 oz ppo.

It's trial and error. The whole thing is rather complex - your recipe, method, gel or not, FO, temps, etc. so you really do have to try and see.

But keep in mind that some scents do come back as the soap cures (not many, but some - IME)

Welcome to the addiction!