different suppliers, same smell?

sugarysweet95

No...they do not all smell the same, although some do. Peak's Mediterranean Fig and KY's Mediterranean Fig smell entirely different. I prefer KY's since it's a slightly perfumey scent as opposed to Peak's which is more sweet and fruity. There's no way to ensure that each supplier's scent, although named the same, will actually smell the same. It's best to try a sample first, before buying any quantity.

millcreek's monkey farts is different then ng's

millcreek's christmas eve & christmas splendor are different then most other suppliers.

millcreek's chestnuts & brown sugar is differeent then js's.

millcreek's twigs & berries is different then ng's.

If you find a fragrance you like, stick with that. If cost is a factor, buy SAMPLES of the same thing from other sources to see how they compare before buying in large quantities.

I bought a fragrance from 3 different suppliers. The first one I bought was just a sample. I really liked the fragrance, but since I was ordering other things from a different supplier, I decided to go ahead and order it from them instead. That was a mistake. It didn't smell anything like the sample I got from the other company.

Later, I saw Tony's had the "same" FO on sale, and Tony's ususally has very good FO's in my experience, so I ordered a pound of it from them. That was another mistake. So now I'm out all of that money because I was too cheap to order it from the original place to begin with!

Remember, samples, samples, samples! It may seem expensive up front, but it will save money in the longrun.

I've noticed that the different suppliers often have the same name for fragrances. Do people generally find the fragrances smell the same from the different places and test the same? Just trying to compare prices and postage costs to the UK!

I have found this but they are not always the same strengths. I thought there was a page with the same scents, different suppliers. Just can't remember where... Sorry maybe someone else can help.