How do you get rid of lingering scent?

So as some of you may know, I recently made a batch of candles with a vanilla scent. Took them out of the molds yesterday and they smell like Vanilla Passion and Ocean, which is the scent I had made about a WEEK before making the Vanilla! So basically, the vanilla's are ruined all the way around.

I wiped out all of the wax from my Kitchen Kettle from the previous use. So how come the Ocean scent lingered so? And what can I do to be sure I removed the previous scent from the pot? HELP!!!

you might want to invest in Candlewic's Mold Cleaner for your molds. As for your Presto Pot, if you don't want to wash the inside, go down to Wally World and pick up a bottle of 90% rubbing alcohol. After you wipe out all your wax, let it cool a bit then wipe out the inside with the rubbing alcohol.

HTH

I personally haven't had this problem, but I wipe out all molds, pouring pots really well with "good" paper towels after each use. With your molds, maybe you can place in oven on low heat for a small amount of time, upside down on top of paper towels, then wipe clean. I've seen where alot of people use baby wipes after each use too. HTH

As usual, great advice given. :yay:

My molds were fine as I had washed them all before use. But the kitchen kettle had not been washed. I guess I just didn't think it needed to be, but now I know different. I think I'll get some of those unscented baby wipes. Great, practical, inexpensive idea!