Pistachio Butter

smellywax

smellywax...I've never used it, BUT even with that said...GO FOR IT! lol :yay:

In my experience with the ones I've tried so far, ANY butter can be whipped into a body butter. Never met one yet I couldn't beat the snot out of at some point or another. You just may need to do a little adjusting on the amounts of softer oils to get the right consistency. Is it a firm butter like cocoa? Closer to mango/shea?? Unless there's a huge difference in the firmness, you shouldn't have any problems at all with getting it to whip up nice & fluffy with the first try. If there IS a huge difference, just add a little more/less soft oils til it feels right.

Keep us posted if you whip this up. I'd like to know how it feels on the skin and how quickly pistachio butter sinks in (greasy feel/shiny/weird smell/etc).

Have fun!

It is about the same consistency as Hempseed butter and has a mild, nutty odor. I was thinking about making a butter with Daystar's Ile Flotante (which is pistachio custard scent)....wouldn't that be yummy! I am going to try it out this weekend and make up a batch and combine it with unrefined shea butter and oils......if it works good, maybe we can do a coop with it. It states that it has excellent penetrating, moisturizing and softening qualities and good spreadability on the skin.

It is about the same consistency as Hempseed butter and has a mild, nutty odor. I was thinking about making a butter with Daystar's Ile Flotante (which is pistachio custard scent)....wouldn't that be yummy! I am going to try it out this weekend and make up a batch and combine it with unrefined shea butter and oils......if it works good, maybe we can do a coop with it. It states that it has excellent penetrating, moisturizing and softening qualities and good spreadability on the skin.

OOOOOOO LA LA....DO YA NEED A TESTER.....SEND THEM HERE!!! LOL

I'D LOVE TO TRY THAT!

DANI

Both your scent ideas scent delish :drool: You might need to do 1/2 's w/ your recipe and try both scents. Hope you post pics when your done ... you have me so interested in your whole concept and the presentation ideas are endless with the scents you've mentioned.

Pistachio butter is made without preservatives and needs to be refrigerated to avoid going rancid. Even then, it's shelf life is 3 months.

The question would be, would you really want to make a body butter with it when you can get the properties you want in a different butter that has a longer shelf life and a lower rancidity risk?

-Michelle

Eidted to add: it's better suited for "cooking/foods."

hmmmm, are you referring to pistachio butter that people buy to put on breads and stuff, that is made for consumption? The pistachio butter that I have is from a company that manufacturers butters for cosmetics and lotions and it doesn't say it only has a 3 month shelf life...I am going to call and ask them. Thanks for your input though....do you have experience with it or work with it?

ahhhhhh! I haven't tried pistachio butter ... yet! i am such a butter-ho! seriously bad here ... i am buying ANOTHER fridge for my shop cause my one side by side is FULL of EOs, fixed oils, butters, herbs... goodness, you name it - its prob in there! :shocked2:

where did you find this butter? did i overlook it in my excitement of a new butter???

stacy

daystarsupplies.com

http://fromnaturewithlove.com/soap/product.asp?product_id=butpist

Says there the shelf life is one year MLS.

And there ya go Stacy.. Better be good stuff at those prices. Haven't found it anywhere else yet, just the oil. But I'll bet you could turn the oil into a butter cheaper than this.

I can get it for around $9/lb but would have to order 55 pounds....Let me call the manufacturer of it and see what it would cost for shipping and I will see if there is an interest in a coop. I made a body butter with it this weekend and it works like a charm....scented it with daystar's pistachio ice cream....yum:D