Candle Party

Hi - New to group - been looking and finally decided to join. I think forums are a terrible thing (only kidding)---I spend all my time looking and not working---love to browse and see what others are doing!!:yay: I will be doing a candle party in couple of weeks and was wondering how do you "pay the hostess"? Do you give % of money made - only on what was sold that you had or do you add orders taken, give her gift basket worth how much, or give gift certificate and for how much? This will be my first and I really don't know. Thanks in advance for help :confused:

When I do parties, I give the hostess a 16 oz apoth. in her choice of scent, presented AT THE PARTY so the guests can see, and I make a special "Thank you" label for it as well. I also give her a % off of her order according to the sales before taxes at the party INCLUDING any orders taken, because even if it's an order the guests still pay up front.

The reason I give the candle at the party is because I try to get the guests to book a party too, so while I am explaining the benefits of holding a party I present the gift. I have gotten not only repeat business that way, but also have booked parties from parties that I would not have ordinarily had.

Good luck. Parties are a lot of fun, and are much less work than say doing a craft show, less time consuming and for me more profitable. :) I love holding parties!!

When we did Candle Parties....we would give the Hostess 20% of our total Sales IN CANDLES of course....(before Tax)...

Always made sure to do it early, so everyone got to see how much FREE stuff she got!!

We always played a couple of Games as well...and gave prizes for those as well! Parties are FUN...and a good way to get your Product out there!!

Joyce (David's wife)

Heaven Scents Candles

THE CANDLE BOX