Need ideas/tips for pouring into votive glass

I must be the sloppiest pourer when it coms to votives. No matter how careful I try to be I end up getting wax everywhere. I've got an order of 1200 to fill (palm) and am afraid I'm going to end up wasting a case by the time I'm done!

Any tips for pouring into smaller containers would be greatly appreciated!

Jenn

Try a glass measuring cup or a 5oz Dixie cup (pinched for a spout). Dip cup into pouring pot let drip a few seconds and wipe bottom of cup with a paper towel then pour.

Also another great tip is to put the holders you are pouring into on a cookie tray, any drips or spills can be scraped up when cool and put back into pot to re-melt. Also line holders on the edge of a table and stand to the left (if you are right handed) and pour. This way the pouring pot is at less of an angle and you can pour better. The reason you stand to the side when pouring is you will get drips and the drips can fall to the protected floor area not on you or your feet.

I have pinched my small pour pots at the spout, when I am making a lot of votives , I use 2, mix color and scent in a large pour pot, and only fill the small one half way , more control and no drips. Now top off are a different matter altogether LOL but I like to get that over lap look to my votives. Altough pouring strait into jars you should not have that prolblem.

Not an expert candle maker here but when I do pour I put wax paper under whatever I'm pouring. But then again I just checked the post again and you are doing large orders. Sooooo I guess this might be a helpful for a newbie maybie? :D

Smaller pot, less weight, more control. :wink2:

I make a horrendous mess with smaller containers no matter what with the jumbo pour pots. Now I put the glassware REALLY close together in rows, and just keep filling the smaller pour pot. It might take a little more time, but it works for me. I can't stand messy!

I use a large industrial pan under the votive glasses.

Looks like a giant jelly roll baking sheet. If you need to move these around, it helps.

Thanks for all of the replies. I'm sorry I haven't responded sooner, my 21 month old daughter is sick :(

I think I'm going to have to find a smaller pot to pour from and jsut keep refilling it. I'm also hoping that I'll be a pro pourer after this order! If not it'll be a start to getting there for sure!