Can you trim a wick TOO short?

What happens if you trim a wick too short. I have a 18oz elevation jar candle with a heavy FO. I thought I had trimmed it to 1/4" before I lit it but once it was lit the flame was huge and flickering and smoking (it is double wicked with an RD40). Anyway, I blew it out and trimmed it again and now the flames are too small. Should I take some of the melted wax out?

Thanks,

Lola

I snipped a few a little to short in my containers. Instead of trying to pour out the wax, I hit the tops with my heatgun to get a MP. Then I took a peice of rolled up paper towel and used it to soak up some of the wax. I didn't have a mess to clean up from the spilled wax I was sure to leave all over while trying to dump it out. I also was able to salvage a few candles this way.

I snipped a few a little to short in my containers. Instead of trying to pour out the wax, I hit the tops with my heatgun to get a MP. Then I took a peice of rolled up paper towel and used it to soak up some of the wax. I didn't have a mess to clean up from the spilled wax I was sure to leave all over while trying to dump it out. I also was able to salvage a few candles this way.

This proves that the heat gun is indeed the most versatile candle making tool ever! :yay:

geek