What happened to my oatmeal soap?

Funky Monkey

First off - batteries are dead so no pic - sorry.

Ok.. made a batch of olive,lard, safflower and coconut last night. Beautiful batch with goat milk. Whirled up some oatmeal and put that in. It started to seize but I beat the crap out of it with my sb. I put it in the mold and let it sit. I will admit that I took it out of the mold (it had formed really well) and let it sit wrapped up on my kitchen table. (I then made a different type of soap and let it stay in the mold.) The goat/oatmeal soap has a hole just under the top - apparently all the way through the soap. I cut the end off this morning and it started oozing. (The second loaf I cut is great.) It is sitting on my table in it's freezer paper with ooze all around it. What in the world happened? I usually do pull them from the mold early. My house is really cold (we like it that way) and have NEVER had a problem with it before?? More importantly, what do I do with it now? Thanks for the advice all.

Stuck it in the microwave with just a touch of milk. It billowed up in a few places but I beat the crap out of it and it backed down. It smelled horrible.. did I mention the smell? It was pretty bad. Now that it's sat for a bit, it's a really nice smelling pretty soap.

Stuck it in the microwave with just a touch of milk. It billowed up in a few places but I beat the crap out of it and it backed down. It smelled horrible.. did I mention the smell? It was pretty bad. Now that it's sat for a bit, it's a really nice smelling pretty soap.

sounds like you had fun! glad it's worked out!