Test Burning Quesion

I would like to know how long is it necessary to wait between test burns. I usually test burn my pillars for 3 to 4 hours and then wait maybe two hours before relighting. Is this long enough, or can I relight once the melt pool has hardened? I also notice that once I have relit the candle within 15 minutes I have to blow out the flame, trim and relight because the flame is large. Should I maybe leave it and see if it settles down once the melt pool has widened a bit?

There are some test protocols in the industry that call for fairly short cool-off periods, but personally I like to let them sit until they're stone cold. I won't test burn a pillar more than twice a day, if I can do it at the beginning and end of the day. My preference is once a day if practical. I can't prove it's better, but everyone has their way of doing things and that's my instinct.

Yeah, definitely wait until they are cool at least.

Do you trim the wicks before relighting them?

Hi Sara, yes I trim the wicks before relighting them. Last night after relighting one, I just left it and the flame seemed to settle down after a while.