coconut milk

• 2 months later...

Christine, did you try subbing coconut milk for distilled water? If so did you use it out of a can or powdered,and what was the result? I think I'm gonna make some, I've been using some shampoo and conditioner that has coconut milk in it and my hair is loving it.

• 11 months later...

You will have problems with preservation if you use all coconut milk for the water portion. Try it at a percentage of the water portion, not more than 10%. Even then, you'll need to be scrupulous about cleaning your equipment and area, and heating/holding your water phase. As for preservative, I'd use Phenonip.

I would suggest making this only for personal use, and keep it stored in the refrigerator. Coconut milk spoils super fast, no matter what preservative system you use. Even if you double it~ I would almost guarantee it will test gram positive in less than three months. Coconut milk, Aloe and some botanical extracts just don't have an optimal shelf life for this application. Unless used in small percentages. Even then~ I'd be leery.

For this I would suggest using Germall Plus.

Paraben-free as well.

I would suggest making this only for personal use, and keep it stored in the refrigerator. Coconut milk spoils super fast, no matter what preservative system you use. Even if you double it~ I would almost guarantee it will test gram positive in less than three months. Coconut milk, Aloe and some botanical extracts just don't have an optimal shelf life for this application. Unless used in small percentages. Even then~ I'd be leery.

For this I would suggest using Germall Plus.

Paraben-free as well.

Yup I agree, after a few months mine(lotion) developed mold-eewww. I do soak my hair in straight coconut milk once a month, yep I love coconut milk.

• 3 years later...