Bad Wax help

I have 36 Apothecary Jars that were made with a bad batch of wax (yes, I know it is bad wax, the supplier is replacing the wax), and I'm contemplating throwing them away, but I'd hate to bite that cost. Any suggestions on how to remelt all of these candles?

I throw mine in the oven on a cookie sheet on low (around 170), it takes a couple of hours but they do eventually melt or to the point where there's a ball of wax left in the middle of the jar small enough that it will pass through the neck to pour it out. HTH!!

Guest amynleebishop
Remelt them enough to pull the wick out and sell as wickless candle!

OR

Melt the wax and repour them as tarts or clamshells!

HTH

Fire;)

I had the same problem with a batch of wax and I was wondering if I melted down all of the bad batch candles and mixed them with good wax what the result would be......anyone ever tried that??

I had the same problem with a batch of wax and I was wondering if I melted down all of the bad batch candles and mixed them with good wax what the result would be......anyone ever tried that??

Was it from C&S and their 1275 wax?

Guest amynleebishop
Was it from C&S and their 1275 wax?

How did you guess?? Yes it was their 1275 wax and that is not even what I ordered. Then they replaced it with IGI's 4630 Harmony Blend. What did they say when you called them about the wax and the problem you were having?

Amy-

After I got past the add Crisco crap, I told her that I've been using this wax for 3 years, I know my stuff and I am not adding crisco to an already preblended wax, and the 60 lb. case that I bought was inferior. They have agreed to replace it, but she wants to see one of my candles. I'd be happy to give her all 48 of them. I don't want to retest wax, etc. cause I love this wax, but my faith in C&S is waining.

Guest amynleebishop
Amy-

After I got past the add Crisco crap, I told her that I've been using this wax for 3 years, I know my stuff and I am not adding crisco to an already preblended wax, and the 60 lb. case that I bought was inferior. They have agreed to replace it, but she wants to see one of my candles. I'd be happy to give her all 48 of them. I don't want to retest wax, etc. cause I love this wax, but my faith in C&S is waining.

Do you know if this stuff is a total waste? I am wondering if I melt down some of the candles that I made and mix the wax with good wax if that would make a difference. I hate the thought of throwing them all away since they only replaced the case of wax, I am still out the jars and the wicks and the FO's that I put in them.

the problem with that is the testing, because you would have to test them with each scent you used because of the formula differential.

ETA- I know, I guess I should read the ENTIRE post before adding my .02.. lol If you are making tarts, wickless or firestarters, I guess there isn't a ton of testing to it is there! lol

Guest amynleebishop
the problem with that is the testing, because you would have to test them with each scent you used because of the formula differential.

ETA- I know, I guess I should read the ENTIRE post before adding my .02.. lol If you are making tarts, wickless or firestarters, I guess there isn't a ton of testing to it is there! lol

Actually I am making my candles in 16oz mason jars and I test every scent I pour, I just added some of my good wax to one of the candles just to see how it would burn and with some careful observation I am hoping that this old wax will not be a total waste.