lazy testers?

Georgia

Last month I gave out some ornies to testers. They volunteered, I didn't recruit them. I told them I would ask for feedback in a month and what I would be asking. I sent out an e-mail last week asking for my feedback - good or bad, all feedback is necessary and appreciated. Two people never responded. I've never had a tester not respond...how do I handle this? They are people that work at the same place I do. I'm thinking they didn't like them and don't want to give negative feedback - or they are just lazy. Do I send a reminder e-mail or hunt them down? (oh, that sounded bad...I meant do I go and find them. ;) ) Or do I just let it go?

Hmm, I liked the idea of "hunt them down and ..." :)

I'd probably just email them again in a week - you never know. 'Course I'm a non confrontational type of person. If they don't respond to the 2nd email, then I wouldn't use them for testers anymore, even if they offer. Some people take the freebies w/o actually helping.

I had this problem.....I cut them off . They still ask for candles - not! Not in the business of giving away free candles.

I ended up with two testers in the end - started with 7.

I test the candle for burn and throw and then give to them to test. they will let me know if it sucked....that is why they stayed on. lol

I feel your pain & frustration. I've had testers in the past who volunteered for soaps, lotions, and basically anything else I was making at the time and I really really NEEDED their honest feedback because it was crucial to formulating a final recipe. I'm a patient person, but it drove me NUTS that out of 10 people, only TWO bothered to tell me anything at all. And that was after I tracked them down and insisted on feedback. That was over a year ago and do ya know that one of them still hasn't even TRIED the samples she got???!!! Again, these were volunteers & FRIENDS who clearly understood how important I considered their testing to be.

Yep like mizbizzyb said...CUT EM OFF. You need good dependable testers who will get back to you in a timely fashion and not be afraid to be honest with you. Anything less than that is a hindrance instead of a help. Some people simply "want" because there's something there to get. If they don't reply after you contact them again, I'd cut my losses and look around for somebody else to test. Best of luck to you!

((Hugs))

I've had similar problems of all of the above with testers. I even had one tester give a couple of candles as gifts! I suspect another b & b tester of the same, or at least supplying her friends and family with free products.

I'm down to 2 reliable testers and dozens of "samplers."

I too have had problems with finding testers. Seems like everyone is willing to try my stuff for free, but I have to hunt them down to get any feedback. And even when I do have them cornered and they are forced to talk to me, they haven't even paid attention to the things that I requested. All I get is "it smells good". I have gotten to the point where I do all my own testing and don't look for others. Of course, my business is pretty small and I can do it. If I had 100 different scents it would be a different story!

I would try and contact them again. Maybe they read your email but didn't have time to respond at that moment and then forgot about it. I have been known to do that too:wink2:

Hope you get some helpful info back from them!

So many people want to test, only a handful will give you results..

Then you feel like the PITA calling, emailing or even asking questions about the testers you gave them..

I am with mizbizzyb... I cut them off!!!!:highfive:

If they ask me for more testers later.. Sorry, all out...

Testers are a dime a dozen but great testers are pricless! I've been through tons of testers who refuse to comment honestly about what they were testing. So I got the bright idea of weeding out lazy people with paperwork. It thinnned them out quickly when thery actually HAD to fill out paperwork on the candle and return the empty jar with the results in order to get the next scent. I have four great and honest testers and they love what they do!

Fire:cool2: