I just got to vent a little bit

I was in Sweet Cupcake Candle Company, and I am out of it and the whole thing os a mess anyways. Well my rant is that some person on a group that I belong to is wanting to make their own candles. They said that they will use milk jugs, old juars or whatever it takes to make candles. So I posted the proper way to make candles on there and I am sure that I will get some heat from that person. I am NO expert at this but come on using milk jugs or old jars. I think that this person has NO clue on how to make candles, and I also voiced my thoughts of SAFETY!!

OK off my soapbox now. :2cents:

Don't worry.....Let them live and learn.....Just imagine the mess they'll have once they pour wax into the milk jug...not to mention, i believe the fragrance oil will eat thru that milk jug.

just sit back and enjoy the show...you voiced your opinion and they won't listen....sooo I just say "let them live and learn". :D

Dani

Guest amynleebishop
I hear that!!! It's been interesting lately on here too! :cool2:

Are you kidding, this site has been hilarious lately. Did you read the one about the B&B girl wanting to know what a wick was and what it was used for? I could not stop laughing. We are truly evil people~!

For what it's worth.....many people have made pillar candles using the 1/2 gallon and smaller milk cartons. If memory serves me correct, the Candlewic company originally started out years and years ago making candles in milk cartons. If you go to a book store and check out a book on candle making, you'll see directions for making milk carton candles or even making your own mold using cardboard....definitely not for a company, but for the home enthusiast who is just making them for fun or decoration.

Just my 2 cents.

C

For what it's worth.....many people have made pillar candles using the 1/2 gallon and smaller milk cartons. If memory serves me correct, the Candlewic company originally started out years and years ago making candles in milk cartons. If you go to a book store and check out a book on candle making, you'll see directions for making milk carton candles or even making your own mold using cardboard....definitely not for a company, but for the home enthusiast who is just making them for fun or decoration.

Just my 2 cents.

C

Yeah I remembered back in 2nd grade, Total FLASHBACK.....lol we had to save our milk carton after lunch...cleaned them up and we made candles in class...with melted crayons. :D I can see doin that with kids at home, but not for selling or what not....I don't even think my parents burned the candle I brought home from school....LOL

Dani

I can totally understand using a milk jug for maybe some home crafting but not to use one and sell them to people. Like I said I tried to offer a bit of advice to these people ( even though I am new at this) but oh well . I just don't think that those people trying to make candles really fully understand the safety issues ! Oh well live and learn .santalol

Have a GREAT week. My great week begins this Saturday!

BROWN COUNTY INDIANA WATCH OUT HERE I COME .