Anyone use NG liquid dyes- RED?

I know red is the color most talked about. I'm hoping someone who uses NG dyes can help me. I've tried and tried to get this right. I added a drop of brown, didn't work, and today I added black and I still didn't get it right. The last time I made a batch of red I got it spot on and wouldn't you know, I forgot to write it down. I think I just used a lot of red and added black but I can't seem to duplicate it. If anyone uses these dyes (very concentrated) and has the red figured out I would so appriciate the help. I'm really frustrated. BTW- I use j50/soy. Thanks!!!

Thanks, I haven't tried adding orange yet. I'll try that next. I'm hoping someone can tell me with this particular dye how many drops per pound is necessary. At one point I e-mailed NG and asked about this but I didn't get a reply. I feel like I just keep screwing up batch after batch. Each time I think I've got it, then it sets up and it's off just enough to pi$$ me off. ARGH!!!!!!!!!

Are you trying to achieve a "true red" or something like Apple Cinnamon? I have found that if you add black or brown to it, it takes the "pink" out of it and you have to keep adding red. Let us know what you are trying to achieve and maybe we can help. Portia BTW, I just made up some "Apple Cinnamon" containers using Joy wax and I added equal parts red and burgundy and so much black.

I'm shooting for a true red. A nice, simple, no doubt about it, red. Today I added black and still couldn't shake the pink tint. Last time the black worked for me, but like I said I didn't write it down. On the other colors I only use like 2-3 drops per pound on average, depending on the color of course. How many drops per lb of the concentrated dye can you get away with? Maybe I'm just not using enough.

trying to go from memory here, but I think it was like 8-10 drops red, 2 black and 1 bright yellow. I use a soy blend though, if yours is paraffin probably won't need as much dye.

Would that be for a concentrated dye? 8-10 drops per lb?

Thanks everyone for the help. I'm off to the kitchen to give it another go. I've done the brown and the black, but today I'll try the orange and the yellow. I'm bound to hit it with one of these combos. I just have to remember to WRITE IT DOWN this time. Thanks again. Wish me luck ;)