Website pics...what format for fast loading??

CC on Maui

I know only enough to be dangerous about websites.

That said, I'm wondering what is the format that I should be saving my pictures in that I plan to upload?

I am looking for the format that will allow them to upload easiest and fastest. I've been using jpg and/or gif , but they seem to be taking forever to load. What am I doing wrong? sad.gif

I've been working on a site that is unrelated to my B&B, and am about to stop, go pick up a bottle of Bombay Sapphire , and take a b-r-e-a-k. grrrr....

Anyone? Thanks. smile.gif

The number one thing that will help pics load fast is to resize them on Photoshop or a similar photo editor, and not resizing them by outlining the parameters in your HTML.

In other words, if your picture is 640x480 pixels and you want a 120x100 pixel picture on your website, resize it to 120x100 before you upload it to your host. Don't take the 640x480 and resize it to 120x100 in your page code, because your picture will still load just as slowly as a 640x480 picture (because technically, it still is one).

The number one thing that will help pics load fast is to resize them on Photoshop or a similar photo editor, and not resizing them by outlining the parameters in your HTML.

In other words, if your picture is 640x480 pixels and you want a 120x100 pixel picture on your website, resize it to 120x100 before you upload it to your host. Don't take the 640x480 and resize it to 120x100 in your page code, because your picture will still load just as slowly as a 640x480 picture (because technically, it still is one).

Thank you for posting that! I know I hate it when I can see a picture that I can tell they resized on the website - the quality is worse and it takes forever to load. :D