Ever used IGI Harmony Blend?

Guest amynleebishop

Guest amynleebishop

What can you tell me about the IGI Harmony blend wax? I received a case as a replacement for a bad batch of wax and I have never used this. Does anyone know how well or bad it works?:yay:

I use this wax and it can be great, but it's also a little difficult. If you search Harmony Blend, 4630 or 1945 on here, you'll see many threads with different results.

It tends to smoke/soot more than other waxes. You'll need to wick down compared to other waxes. I also notice that any type of citrus scent gives off fuel. When it throws though, it throws!

I like this wax. I haven't found that I have had to wick down for it as compared to the other waxes I have used, but everyone is different. Lately, I haven't had th smooth tops I used to get, but I think it is a very good wax. I use zinc wicks, they have performed the best for me over cd, lx, rrd's, cotton, low-smoke zinc, well I think I have about tried them all...lol.

Guest amynleebishop
I use this wax and it can be great, but it's also a little difficult. If you search Harmony Blend, 4630 or 1945 on here, you'll see many threads with different results.

It tends to smoke/soot more than other waxes. You'll need to wick down compared to other waxes. I also notice that any type of citrus scent gives off fuel. When it throws though, it throws!

This does not make me happy to hear, I ordered a bunch of scents from different suppliers and I really hope that this wax performs well with them all. I also do not like the soot/smoke effect. My candles always burn clean and that will really mess up things if they start smoking on everyone.

Thanks for your help though, I guess I will just test and see what happens.

This does not make me happy to hear, I ordered a bunch of scents from different suppliers and I really hope that this wax performs well with them all. I also do not like the soot/smoke effect. My candles always burn clean and that will really mess up things if they start smoking on everyone.

Thanks for your help though, I guess I will just test and see what happens.

Yup, test and see what happens. I find it interesting that people can use the same wax/wick combo and get such different results. I just know that I personally have not been able to use a citrus based FO without fuel (pink lemonade, fruit slices, orange clove, orange dreamsicle, key lime, etc)

Yup, test and see what happens. I find it interesting that people can use the same wax/wick combo and get such different results. I just know that I personally have not been able to use a citrus based FO without fuel (pink lemonade, fruit slices, orange clove, orange dreamsicle, key lime, etc)

We use this wax without blending it with anything and we have had the same problem with some of the citrus FO's. It is so aggravating, since they are my favorites! We use LX wicks, so I don't know if it is the WAY they burn.......

We also had to wick way down from recommendations we were given for our size jar.