Why do they do that?

I purchased a candel from a candle company that Candlefind rated one of the top finds. I ordered strawberry which smell pretty good. The burn rate is a little fast totall melt pool a little under an hour. It looks like they are RRD wicks. But I guess what gets me is how she coins the 100% stabilized soy wax. Where have we all read that? Plus we all know 100% is not stabilized, which means they would be tinkering with the components of this wax with an additive. USA is the only stabilizer I know of which would still keep it a vegetable wax other than palm steric. Then it wouldn't be considered 100%. But these candles don't look like anything was added. They are frosted and pitted on top but they burn fine with a great scent throw and she is successful with them. So why deal with the work stabilized at all. It isn't esthetically stabilized.

It probably is just a marketing ploy, a way to get "100%" and "Stabilized" into the advertising. We don't know if the soy is 100% stabilized (as opposed to 50% stabilized) or if it's 100% soy that is stabilized. As you know, advertising is the twin sister to political spin and schmoozing: lying while smiling. :tongue2:

geek

I agree with Geek that it is a marketing ploy. Just like claiming soy is soot free which it isn't. Just another way to sell more candles. I don't think it is necessary and if you make a great candle, the candle will sell itself without the need for making these claims.

Nothing to do with the wax mixture but let me tell you this about candle find. :mad: My sis and I went there from two different computers in the house and signed up a company. They then accused us of using the same PC and banned us from the site!! :mad: We do have a router in the house becasue we have one PC in every room and they all share the same router becasue the router has 5 ports on it. But it was not the same PC! Besides give me a break we meant no harm....

Thanks geek, I understand the marketing ploy 100%. I realize lying and stretching the truth is part of the business its survival of the fitest when it comes to business. My husband and I own a HVAC company and a parts company. He has to research others just to come up with his own original ploy that will draw people in. She down right plagerized a marketing phrase from a major candle manufacturer. I might hang myself for this but I have mixed emotions about candlefind. Not one of those conumer/reviewers are candlers or have any knowledge EXCEPT what their noses tell them. I honor the consumer. But those owners of the site act like they are pros. There are so many candles out there that you cannot set your sights on all of them. I know there is always someone better than mine so sometimes I just like to sit back and enjoy someone elses candle. I don't steal ideas but I get inspired to come up with something special on my own.

Diamond Creek I use a router too in my house combined with the business computers. Candlefind traced your IP addresses together and they came up the same address. Why they kicked you off for two people using the same computer is odd. So you could have two different companies big deal. I have to say I saw your site and your candles are beautiful and scrumptious looking. They look like a jello parfait my grandma use to make. Its their loss not to try out you candles because they look way better than the top choices they picked out. So screw them!

They then accused us of using the same PC and banned us from the site!! :mad: We do have a router in the house becasue we have one PC in every room and they all share the same router becasue the router has 5 ports on it. But it was not the same PC! Besides give me a break we meant no harm....

Sounds like they are reading the MAC address from the router, which would be the same for all the computers in your home.

I've never heard of Candlefind but then I haven't been online in the candle community for a long time.

~Donna in Colorado~

Nothing to do with the wax mixture but let me tell you this about candle find. :mad: My sis and I went there from two different computers in the house and signed up a company. They then accused us of using the same PC and banned us from the site!! :mad: We do have a router in the house becasue we have one PC in every room and they all share the same router becasue the router has 5 ports on it. But it was not the same PC! Besides give me a break we meant no harm....

That is just a bunch of hooey if you ask me. Their loss.

Stacie is that you and your baby in your avatar? That is just the sweetest picture. Nothing sweetier than a mother's love for her baby.

Just to set the record straight Ken, you weren't banned from Candlefind because of your IP or MAC addresses. You and your sister were banned because you continuously kept breaking our review board rules which you obviously failed to read beforehand.

1. Candle companies are not permitted to post reviews under their company. We see this as a form of promotion and it is not tolerated. Your sister registered under several user names and proceeded to post one time 10 rated reviews under your company. You were not banned because of this, the posts were merely deleted.

2. We informed your sister that we knew she was from your company and was not permitted to post under your company which she did anyway again and again. THAT was why your company was deleted.

3. When we confronted you, you lied to us and told us you had no affiliation with your sister which now from reading this board, we know was in fact a lie. We traced both your IP's and yet you still maintained the story that she was from a completely different state.

I could go on and on. Candlefind does not discriminate but we do take our rules very seriously to make it fair to all candle companies across the board who follow our rules.

Please stop spinning what happened because we both know everything I just stated is fact.

Carolyn, Editor of CandleFind

That is just a bunch of hooey if you ask me. Their loss.

Stacie is that you and your baby in your avatar? That is just the sweetest picture. Nothing sweetier than a mother's love for her baby.

Yes, that is my daughter and I. My son models so I went to his photographer and asked him for a beautiful Madonna shot for my last baby. Amazingly she fell asleep during the shoot.

It's okay with me what you said and yes maybe my sis did lie but that was because she made a serious mistake and did not know what to do about it. It's all said and done in my book and I actually got a hand full of customers from your site to purchase products from us. I guess when they see something that is good they go for it. There are many boards out there that do not want people to advertise as you mentioned BUT they also don't just ban the person they inform them and let it go. An option would have been you could have removed the post and sent a warning!

I felt something was fishy going on from you guys so I had someone from Canada sign up and had no mention of our name and list a few companies that he liked and you removed his post for no reason. It's clearly your board and you can do what you want with it and I am glad my company is not listed on it after seeing what I seen your members saying about Salt City Candles.

Salt City Candles is a very well know company with a great candle and great fragrances. There is not one person out west that does not enjoy Salt City Candles but yet a friend of mine said something negative about candle lite and the post was removed? WHY? The candles she burned had no smell and she was truthful about it!! I also know someone who posted a good post on Salt City and it was removed? WHY?

I also went through many post and found many people who posted 10's over and over on certain companies and those post were left alone. Come on you did not know this was the same person or someone they had known! And those post still remain.

I have received multiple orders from a few people on your board and I did ask them to kindly not mention DiamondCreek Candles name on your board in fear that they will be banned for an Innocent thing. My sis did just that!! She wanted to plug my company as any other family member would do and felt bad for what happened so she tried to list multiple times just to get the name back up on the board because we were not the original person who listed us on the board and I am sure you know this because you waste your time with all this tracking like a private investigator.

If your investigations are that important you should change your software and go with a program that allows only 1 post per company per IP. To avoid banning people because you are seriously loosing by doing this. You are loosing TRAFFIC, ADVERTISERS, RANKING'S and more because I am sure I am not the only company that has been banned! I could already be on your site and you would have no idea it was me from my own PC... BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN THERE!!! You also banned my work IP (Not DiamondCreek) which has over 500 PC'S in the same building and over 3000 employees nationwide, not a good move...

Just to set the record straight Ken, you weren't banned from Candlefind because of your IP or MAC addresses. You and your sister were banned because you continuously kept breaking our review board rules which you obviously failed to read beforehand.

1. Candle companies are not permitted to post reviews under their company. We see this as a form of promotion and it is not tolerated. Your sister registered under several user names and proceeded to post one time 10 rated reviews under your company. You were not banned because of this, the posts were merely deleted.

2. We informed your sister that we knew she was from your company and was not permitted to post under your company which she did anyway again and again. THAT was why your company was deleted.

3. When we confronted you, you lied to us and told us you had no affiliation with your sister which now from reading this board, we know was in fact a lie. We traced both your IP's and yet you still maintained the story that she was from a completely different state.

I could go on and on. Candlefind does not discriminate but we do take our rules very seriously to make it fair to all candle companies across the board who follow our rules.

Please stop spinning what happened because we both know everything I just stated is fact.

Carolyn, Editor of CandleFind

Wow, T-A-C-K-Y. I have never heard of Candlefind, but to come on a CHANDLER'S board and air someone's personal business is not smart or professional. I don't care if you felt you were in the right to defend yourself, it was in poor taste as a business professional.

As an observer from the outside, I would be leery as HELL to have my company listed on your site if this is how fairly you treat your advertisers and listed candle companies. Whether they did what you claim or not, your first mistake was to air it in a public forum among thousands of folks that could be your future advertisers. This was a bad move in my book. Period.

I swear, I just never know what to think anymore. I am continually amazed at the unmitigated gall of people... a LOT of people.

Sometimes I think I am just not "crafty" enough to be on this planet anymore.:rolleyes2

If I ever get to the point where I need to lie, misrepresent, manipulate, alter the truth, twist the facts, connive, OR reach a point where I have no humility, I hope that someone just shoots me.

In my ripe old age, I have learned this:

"Never explain ANYTHING. Your friends don't need it and your enemies won't believe it."

Carry on

Computer geek here! :D

When you connect to your internet service provider, they issue your modem an IP address, which is usually picked up by your PC. When you have a home network, then you have a router so it splits the connection between two or more PCs. Your router now has the IP address issued from the modem, then your router issues your separate PCs their own individual IP address, usually 192.168.x.x. That is why routers are a good hardware firewall, since the whole internet only sees the IP address the router has, and cannot attack your PCs in your newtwork. And for that same reason, they think you are sending from one PC because they can only see the IP address your ISP issued to your modem and router.

geek off! ;)

I swear, I just never know what to think anymore. I am continually amazed at the unmitigated gall of people... a LOT of people.

Sometimes I think I am just not "crafty" enough to be on this planet anymore.:rolleyes2

If I ever get to the point where I need to lie, misrepresent, manipulate, alter the truth, twist the facts, connive, OR reach a point where I have no humility, I hope that someone just shoots me.

"Never explain ANYTHING. Your friends don't need it and your enemies won't believe it."

Carry on

Well said, seems the further we humans explain ourselves we only manage to dig our graves deeper, lol.

Yes, that is my daughter and I. My son models so I went to his photographer and asked him for a beautiful Madonna shot for my last baby. Amazingly she fell asleep during the shoot.

I think that picture is absolutely beautiful. I see it being a very treasured family heirloom in your family (and for good reason). It is just priceless.

Thanks guys my hubby wants me to make it my logo! on another note ll I have to say is Well said Diamond Creek and Jordan. The more I thought about it she broke a few on this sight. She has only posted a total of 3 times and she signed up just this August. Yet she homed in on Diamond Creek Candles post by the next day. That is amazing. What is her purpose on this sight anyhow. Has she actually poured a candle or is she snooping to pick and choose who can qualify for her next pick. You are right Jordan. She undid all of his business right out in front of us which was covering her -$$. Her last posts were the same thing. Unless the candle companies are paying her for reviews I would think there would be some sort of law out there for her bashing a company on her site. That is damaging to someones business and crafting. I just saw something lately that a man sued the owner of a website that bashes exboyfriends. The guy has a case because it caused problems for his medical practice. So he sued her for damages to his business. Aren't candles the business here?

Thanks guys my hubby wants me to make it my logo! on another note ll I have to say is Well said Diamond Creek and Jordan. The more I thought about it she broke a few on this sight. She has only posted a total of 3 times and she signed up just this August. Yet she homed in on Diamond Creek Candles post by the next day. That is amazing. What is her purpose on this sight anyhow. Has she actually poured a candle or is she snooping to pick and choose who can qualify for her next pick. You are right Jordan. She undid all of his business right out in front of us which was covering her -$$. Her last posts were the same thing. Unless the candle companies are paying her for reviews I would think there would be some sort of law out there for her bashing a company on her site. That is damaging to someones business and crafting. I just saw something lately that a man sued the owner of a website that bashes exboyfriends. The guy has a case because it caused problems for his medical practice. So he sued her for damages to his business. Aren't candles the business here?

I agree, Stacien.

Her unveiling of Diamond Creek's business was beyond unprofessional. I am absolutely appalled she would think coming on this board of thousands of candlemakers and proceeding to slander one of our members is going to help her business! My Goodness. I have told all of my candlemaking friends to stay away from Candlefind, as they are obviously biased and extremely unprofessional. I also wonder why she came on a candlemakers board in the first place, isn't she a candle buyer/reviewer? Doesn't this step on the toes of the candle companies that pay to advertise on her review site? I also believe she states unbiased reviews on her site, and after this post, I don't think there is any way that site is unbiased---they single people out and publicly humiliate them.

Posting on a chandlers site in general is almost like she is trying to snoop and find out how her clients make their candles she reviews, or where they get their oils. Which to me is a conflict of interest. It all just seems sketchy to me. I would never run my business this way---first rule in business is to never badmouth the competetor or share personal business with other clients/customers. Nothing scares away customers more than to observe you acting unfairly to other customers.

I think everyone should boycot this site, as it could cause damage to your business---I guess Carolyn showed her true colors.

I will say one more thing than I will leave it alone. I purchased a candle from one of the top reviews from the editors on this site. This is what I purchased. http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n83/stacienevel/DSC01986_edited-1.jpg I won't disclose the name of this company because that isn't nice to them. It was a smaller business. but this is what they call one of the best for soy! Just because the FO is strong and fills a room doesn't mean its a good candle. This candle was overwicked and burned the jar so hot you couldn't touch it. Plus it was overloaded with FO. Combining that with the overwicking look at the soot. I actually had to blow it out a few times it reached so hot. Not even my worse testings reached this hot.

LOLOLOL, that is too funny. Yes, looks like a well made candle to me! Good God, and they say that is one of the best in soy??? I don't think they would know a well made candle if it bit them in the.....well you know. I rest my case.

Carry on

You said it right:highfive: