Greenleaf 70/30 - Batch #6

Just out of curiosity, for those of you who use the GL-70/30, have any of you gotten Batch #6 yet? If so, are you finding the wicking to be the same and the quality in throw to be as good. I did read some good things over at the Greenleaf board about better tops, I believe, but not much other than that. I will check there again to see if there is any later news and may post the same question. After I finish this last box, I will be ordering more and will be receiving batch #6 and was wondering what to expect. Thanks! :)

I am working on my second case of batch 6 and it's the best so far. Sets up beautifully. I havent needed to change wicks, the throw is awesome, and it looks great. I did post some photos over on the GL forum showing the great colors I got. I even did some layers. HTH! :D

I am working on my second case of batch 6 and it's the best so far. Sets up beautifully. I havent needed to change wicks, the throw is awesome, and it looks great. I did post some photos over on the GL forum showing the great colors I got. I even did some layers. HTH! :D

Thanks Funnygirl. That helps and encourages me. :) I was over at the GL board today, but not sure if I saw your pictures. I saw some pictures in the testing area, but can't remember whose they were now. I will check them out. Thanks again. :)

P.S. I went to the board and saw your candles! I have not seen those before. They look really nice! :yay: Beautiful colors! I really do think this wax is pretty and colors well. Are those the keepsake jars? I think that is what they are called -- kinda like an apothecary but not quite as wide. I have samples of those. I use the 10 oz./11 oz. clear glass apothecaries with the 70/30 and can also use the tureens. I was wondering, are you double wicking? If so, how is the depth of the meltpool with the Batch #6. I get too deep of a meltpool with Batch #4 with double wicking in the apothecaries. I have to double wick in these, and I also want to double wick. I am so bummed though about the meltpool getting too deep for my liking. Thanks for sharing. :)

I am double wicking, and yes those are the 10 oz. keepsake jars. I tested A LOT of wicks for that jar. Was almost ready to give up. Im embarrassed to even tell ya what wicks I had to use. I had to wick WAY up over what alot of other people are useing in those jars. I really belive it has a lot to do with how high our humidity has been lately, cause I dont usually have this problem. I do know that this batch has 3% more soy, but thats not a huge differance. I imagine that what was giving you too deep of a melt pool with batch 4 will probably give you a more normal melt pool with batch 6. I can also say with 70/30 that it is more of a catch up wax. What I mean by this is that often when you have the right wick, you may think it's too small at first. But then on the second/third burn, it catches up and burns perfectly the rest of the way down. Not sure why that is, but it doesnt bother me, as I burn from top to bottom when I test anyway, to see how the candle performs overall. Hope this helps you out a bit. BTW, many people have had great success double wicking these jars with the LX 14-16.

Im a little lost here... probably a dumb question with the answer right in front of me lol. I have some of the GL 70/30, but it doesnt say what "batch" its from.. and when I went to the site it doesnt say anything about it either.. where did you find that out??

Batch continuity has been addressed and handled by the wax manufacturer and we have had very consistent batches for months and months now. We will soon be dropping the reference to the batch numbers because of this. The batch numbers assisted me in knowing how to help with issues and reporting them back as we worked through some of the initial issues. Batch #6 came out about a month ago. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

HTH