wick tutorial

Welcome to the board.

Right below this thread is a thread about wicks that will provide you some of the answers to your question. Also there are many threads about wicks. If you do a search for wicks you will find loads of info. Buy some sample packs and start to test to see which wick you like best.

thanks, meredith...i found that thread right after i posted...<blush>...my prob, is i have no idea what they're talking about...it's all greek to me...i guess, i'm looking for something that will explain what one should look for in deciding on a wick...what all the different wicks do...ect...all the accronyms in that thread mean nothing to me...kwim?

i will try and do a search for what i am looking for.

Find a supplier close to you and give them a call. Tell them what wax and jars you use and they will suggest wicks for you. Sample packs are great too as they allow you to buy a few of every size type wick without having to commit to a larger quantity of one size. BCN carries samples packs.

I understand where you are coming from but there is no real tutorial most is trial and error and what we are looking for in our own candles. Some people don't mind the mushrooms other hate it with a passion. I always start out the search on one characteristics of the wick I either like or don't like first.

..my prob, is i have no idea what they're talking about...it's all greek to me...

If you check out the Wicks Unlimited site, it may help you decipher some of that wick speak. :wink2: Then, search here for opinions on particular wick adaptiveness to whatever wax (& stuff) you may be using.

Some 'shrooms are nice. :cool2: