Cindy @ Candles and Supplies...

Would like to let you all know how fairly I was treated yesterday with a problem case of wax I bought from C&S a few weeks ago.

After pouring several testers and getting no where NEAR the usual results I have gotten for a few YEARS with this wax, I had no choice but to call them.

She offered right away that I bring it by to swap it out for a different lot #, a full case mind you, even though I had used 2 slabs...

I sure did appreciate the great CS, and wanted to pass that along...:highfive:

Guest amynleebishop

I could not PM you because I am not able to access that privledge yet. Yes it was the 1275 blend from C&S and it was awful. I called them three times and they finally agreed to replace the case that I purchased from them. They said though that they have never had a problem with this wax and I was the first. Hmmmm.

Guest amynleebishop
Would like to let you all know how fairly I was treated yesterday with a problem case of wax I bought from C&S a few weeks ago.

After pouring several testers and getting no where NEAR the usual results I have gotten for a few YEARS with this wax, I had no choice but to call them.

She offered right away that I bring it by to swap it out for a different lot #, a full case mind you, even though I had used 2 slabs...

I sure did appreciate the great CS, and wanted to pass that along...:highfive:

Sharon~

Since you deal with this company on a personal level, what can you tell me about the IGI Harmony blend? That is what they replaced the case of 1275 with and I have never used this type. I received it last night and have not tried it but I am a little gun shy since I had a hard time with the last batch they sent me.:D

Good to know people have had great CS with this company.

I used to order my wax from them and the last time I ordered, they sent

a new wax, telling me (when I called), oh, we replaced the old wax.

I wouldn't have been so ticked if they had told me that up front, prior to just sending out the wax, most likely thinking I wouldn't notice! After a long drawn out battle, they finally credited me for the wax.

Guest amynleebishop
Don't even get me started with this supplier. :shocked2:

Cindy is very sweet, however~ her staff is completely clueless.

So this is not a completely isolated event as told to me by Cindy's staff?

Should I use the IGI harmony blend or send it back and get my money back to go somewhere else?

So this is not a completely isolated event as told to me by Cindy's staff? Should I use the IGI harmony blend or send it back and get my money back to go somewhere else?
Nothing clueless or disrespectful is an isolated event with this supplier. But Harmony is one of the more inexpensive blends from IGI and definitely worth a try (don't use too big a wick). If you like it, you can buy it from CandleScience in the future. ;)

I went there friday w/ the last 3 slabs from the bad batch, and they replaced it, as she said. In the warehouse, a guy working there, felt my the wax in the bad case, and sure enough, it was very hard. Not like it usually is at all. I just dropped two slabs of the old stuff into my melter, and didn't think twice about feeling it...guess now i will have to pay more attention.

As far as replacing w/ a different wax altogether, i don't get that. I wouldn't be happy about that at all.

Guest amynleebishop
I went there friday w/ the last 3 slabs from the bad batch, and they replaced it, as she said. In the warehouse, a guy working there, felt my the wax in the bad case, and sure enough, it was very hard. Not like it usually is at all. I just dropped two slabs of the old stuff into my melter, and didn't think twice about feeling it...guess now i will have to pay more attention.

As far as replacing w/ a different wax altogether, i don't get that. I wouldn't be happy about that at all.

They told me on the phone that they were going to replace it with J223 but when I rec'vd it they had sent me the 4630 Harmony blend BUT I actually paid for J225. Come to think of it, they have yet to offer to send me what I actually paid for. In re to the IGI: After reading about it I found that it is comparable to J223 in many ways. I guess I will try it and if it does not perform like I am used to then I will send it back. :D

Guest amynleebishop
Yea, but the 1275 is a 50/50 blend, J223 is a par. blend, so how can they offer that as a swap?:confused:

I dont know....I may call on Monday and talk to Cindy about it. I have just heard so many conflicting stories on the 4630. I just used and barely mastered the J50 after using the 1275 for soooooo long and now the thought of changing to the 4630 makes me nervous to try to adapt to yet another type of wax. :rolleyes2