Can I use something else for bath bombs..

FitMommyOf2

instead of BB molds???

I've only bought molds for M&P, but haven't used it yet. I also wanted to make some bath bombs, but realized that the molds for that are smaller..

Anything in the house that I'd transform maybe? An ice cube tray???

I'd appreciate your input for a newbie, thank you!:D

Haven't tried this yet, but I have also wondered how it would work to line a pan with waxed paper, firmly press the mixture in a layer about 1" thick, and use the open cookie cutters (like for ornies) to cut shapes out. The problem I could see happening is that they might crumble, but I may try that sometime. That way, you could have shapes that corresponded with the scents used (in some cases). Have to have a rock-hard recipe, though.

those stainless steel condiment cups from wallmart, votive cups, m&p molds (I used the cutest snowflake mold), dixie cups, ice cube trays....just look around almost anything can be used.

However, using a tray and then cookie cutter may be a bit messy! I can't imagine that would work but I guess anything is worth trying ;)

Well I always end up throwing two bombs in the tub so I tried to make em in a regular cupcake tin-they actually looked good-big, but *sigh* wouldn'tcha know they crumbled on me.:mad:

Are you letting them sit for a day or so? They also need to be packed real tightly....That will help them harden up....unmold them and let them sit until they are hard....

I would think a cupcake tin would be huge - lol - but if you like them...;) I have been having a hell of a time using a bomb mold (plastic) so have started 'looking' around for other molds.....the plastic molds used for m&p work well just be careful when you are 'unmolding' them .... tried dixie cups today and they work fine - but I find them to also be a bit big....I guess my favorite are the stainless steel condiment cups from walmart - 4 for $1 so the price is right also. Getting the top nice and smooth was a challenge but finally got that problem solved.

I have read where there was a site selling a 'bath pill' type mold and people were liking that! Maybe someone will have the addy for the site.

Thanks so much for the ideas!!! I've made some today with DD in an ice cube tray and it worked awesome! DD and DS already took a bath with one tonight; after DH almost ruined it by putting bubble bath in there too *arrgh*

DD was delighted to have purple/pinkish water, her favorite color, of course! lol

I use measuring cups. And to make little balls I use two identical sized round Tablespoon measuring spoons (or for tiny balls teaspoons) pressed together to make a ball.

There are mini cupcakes too!

To smooth the tops try filling them till mounded, press down to pack some, then turning them upside down and pressing against the counter.

As for the molds, I think Eugenia had some difficulty with the pill one - you might want to search for that thread.