Igi 4630

izzy2

Does anyone use this wax? Just wondering how it compares to IGI 4786. ALso what kind of wick do you use with the 4630? The website where I seen this wax suggested HTP wicks. Just curious to see what people think of this wax.:undecided

I bought a slab and tested it. I'm on the fence. My supplier told me to pour at 180 but I had severe cracking at the top. I also had some wetspots, not the normal kind but it looked like the FO bled out and formed droplets on the inside of the glass.

Cold and hot throw were awesome but also had some smoking.

While testing this, I poured/tested J50 and J300 using the same exact variables, and found that the others didn't have the bleeding issue. I think if I poured the Harmony Blend at a cooler temp, maybe it wouldn't have been a problem.

Anyway, like I said, I'm on the fence. I will probably mix it next time around and see what happens.

Also, I used CD wicks. I haven't tested with HTP yet.

HTH!

My supplier told me to pour at 180 but I had severe cracking at the top.

Sheesh, I don't see any reason to pour that wax that hot! :undecided I always poured at 155-160 and never had any problems.

I always got great throw hot and cold with this wax, but the smoking was horrible. It is a soft, one pour wax, where 4786 is a hard, two pour wax.