Pillars with tea lights in the top

I keep seeing these candles that some folks are making and I LOVE the idea--the problem I'm having is exactly how to achieve this? I just can't seem to understand how the get the space for the tealight in the top of the mold???:confused: I do have a nice metal 3 x 6 pillar mold I'd like to try for this. Any help or suggestions to help me understand exactly how these candles are made would be sooooooo appreciated!:smiley2:

I use a forstner bit and drill my hole, but they do sell a plug, think you get them at Pourettes, maybe Creative Gems has one too. I couldn't use the plug cause I wanted to make a hole large enough to insert a glass tealight cup into........only cause I was afraid that inserting a tealight and then lighting it may cause the pillar to melt, so I was going for that extra protection with the glass holder. HTH

Pourette sells the tool to make the indention, but you can also put say an empty tealight cup or votive glass etc. over the wick hole (centered) and pour your wax around it. It will stay, but you might have to make sure by applying a little pressure with a skewer or something till the wax starts to set up.

That's true Scented and I tried that but I didn't like the look of the wax around and on the glass tea light holder. I may not have held it down hard enough. I like the look of the candle better with the holer because I can pop it out and smooth out the inside edge. Just looks a more professional to me. JMO

Janet

I made mine by putting a votive cup in the mold upside down over the wick hole. I put a little bit of mold sealer around the edges of the votive cup to make sure it stayed. It turned out really well. Tho I would recommend leaving the votive cup in the hole. It should keep the pillar from melting because of the tealight. I took the cup out and lit the tea light.. the pillar started melting in on itself.. oops.