:-(

becky0404

I've had this great, very unique idea (so I thought) about how I'm going to make my b&b business different from the rest. I've been brainstorming and thinking about it for months and I have a lot done in regards to scents, labels, target market, etc. I've been thinking a lot and was really excited about it....until today. Now I think I'm going to have to revamp the whole thing. I discovered today, while at the mall, that another LARGE company is doing pretty much what I had in mind already. I had no idea! Would you even believe that the labels that I had thought up are extremely similar?! How weird is that?!

Now what?! My idea was unique and I had put so much thought into it. I was sure it was going to be successful. Turns out the idea obviously is a success if this big company is having success with it. How did I not know about this?!:mad: . I feel so "lost" now and not sure where I want to take it from here now that I discovered my idea is taken already.....by someone who I could never, ever compete with!

Has anyone ever ran into this? Any words of wisdom for me? Thanks!!!

so sorry to hear of your disappointment, but don't let it get you down!! This has happened to me in my biz several times and I just chug right along. Sometimes I drop the idea, and still others I stay with it just on the off chance that the "other" biz with drop their version.

I could totally see your scenario happening to me because I can count on one hand how many times I've been to mall in the last 5 years!! Whenever anybody talks about BBW, VS, etc. I'm clueless as to what they carry because I literally never shop there!

Can you elaborate as to what you were planning so maybe we can chime in on some optional ideas??

Thanks for the encouragement. I still think I'm just going to go with what I had planned and I'm sure along the lines I'll think of things that I can do different than the other company....which happens to be the "Real Beauty" line by American Girl. Plus, like my friend told me yesterday, not EVERYONE knows about the Real Beauty line (like me :rolleyes2 ) so if my product is out there in-their-face, then they will think it's a unique product :wink2: .

So, I guess I'll just keep chugging along and stick to my plan and see where it takes me!

Candle Man, that's exactly what I'm concerned about so I'll have to rethink the label thing I guess. I think I can make everything else unique enough so my products do not look like theirs. My products are not really like theirs anyway, I have different scents and different kinds of products, but the whole "idea" is the same with the target being the tween-teen crowd.

But you are right, I should be concerned about what they would think.