Shipping

Anna

I hope this is the right place to post this.I place a order with a supplier last night,and they don't let you know how much the shipping is.When I came home from work this afternoon,I went to my paypal account,and the supplier invoice me thru paypal.The shipping was almost half the amount of the total.My total is 50.89,and the shipping is 23.52.I would have called them,but they were closed when I got home.Does this sound like to much for shipping?This is what I ordered:8 ozs fo

8 votive molds

8 wick pins

case of 3.5 glass votive holders (36)

bag of wicks (100)

Can I cancel the paypal payment?Sorry this is so long.

Thanks,Anna

depending on where your shipping from it sounds about right shipping is high:mad: but the best thing you can do is find suppliers close to you, I have one supplier that I have my supplies shipped from and 2 that I drive two( their only an hour away. where are you located maybe some members can give you the names of some companies near by:cheesy2:

Not alot of people know this, but if you ship any glass items they (UPS, Fedex, etc) almost always charge you extra and the shipper will tend to ship that package by itself (in case there is breakage so they can get a claim going).

From the looks of your order, I would say that you probably have two packages coming, so in reality your shipping would be about 12.00 per box & that sounds right going north to south (or south to north or whatever lol).

I'm not sure if it's too late to cancel the order, but if you feel it's too high and want to look elsewhere, you could always try and see if they will let you cancel it. For suppliers who don't give a shipping amount in their shopping cart, I usually email them beforehand to get an estimate, so that there aren't any big surprises.

Thanks everyone for your replys.I did call them today,and cancel it because I realized I had ordered the wrong size votive holders,I will tell you who it was,because you couldn't ask for any nicer people to deal with.It was candleandsupplys.They were very nice.

Anna

Now days with shipping out of sight it pays to ask questions when ordering. Some companies don't care who they use since you are paying for it. Ask if there is a shipping and handling charge. The handling is sometimes really high. Tell them to ship by the cheapest way. Small shipments go USPS, UPS, FedEx; larger ones ship by freight lines, which are cheaper, especially if palletized. So, ask questions, and you will have no surprises. Don't expect the company you are ordering from to be looking out for your pocketbook. Also, larger companies that use UPS can ship much cheaper because of their volume discounts. HTH