Blue Mold Blues

The Soap Diva

:cry2: :cry2: I have ruined so many batches of soap trying to dig them out of my blue half moon soap molds. I've tried several different recipes, but so far the end results are always the same, ruined bars of soap, with knife scrapes on the sides or dig holes in the ends. I've tried freezing too with no luck! Does anyone have a tried and true soap recipe that actually comes out of the blue molds with little problems? I've found that people like this style of soap but sure can't sell it the way it looks in the end. Help!!:sad2:

I also vote for using the mineral oil. Double check to make sure you cover the individual mold good.

I have found they are easier to remove if the soap goes through gel. When I use them now, I stack them. Fill one mold, cover with saran wrap, place a piece of cardboard on top of it, then another mold. After all molds are stacked, I cover it up well with towels and let it sit for a day or two. Stacking the molds like this makes getting soap in those molds to gel very easy (not my idea, another soaper advised me how to do this).

If you're still having issues, put them in the freezer and as soon as the outside of the mold gets condensation, turn the mold over and they should drop out. Don't twist or beat them.

And, if you are still having issues, invest in some SL and experiment with that.

I have used these molds for CP and M&P with no problems....

The "secret" I found is to take the soap out of the mold before it sits too long. Take them out as soon as the soap has hardened enough to be firm. I do not put them in the freezer - just let them cure at room temp until firm.

Then I put my thumbs on the long side of the bar and push - so the bars "rotate" out of the mold. Sometimes you have to push in a different spot so the bars release. The bars will sometimes have a "suction" that seems to hold them in the mold - once this is broken the bars will slide out.

hope that made sense??

With the M&P I do coat them first with oil and sometimes I do get "thumb prints' on the top/flat side of the bar. My M&P is softer than my CP.

Hope that helped?