How do you keep your molds level?

soprey

Way back when, I used a bubble level built into a combination square sitting on top of the mold to level them. I used small pieces of cardboard from a tablet back to place under one side of the mold till I got them level. That worked fine, but I had to level each one each time. So I got smart and totally leveled the table, then each mold by filing one leg or the other till they were all level. Now every mold is automatically level. Just to be sure, I check one once in a while, but they've stayed good. You can buy a cheap combination square with a bubble level at Walmart or hardware store for a couple dollars. They come in handy all around the house.

Fredron

You can use a frying pan to level the candles, but you've got to be careful and make sure the pan is just warm enough to melt the wax slowly. Tucker actually gave me an idea to use that's worked every time for me and that's get a hold of a piece of aluminum (local body shop would have them) wide enough for a candle. I put mine over a pot of boiling water to get it hot then work the candle back and forth while I swirl it at the same time.

It's a wee bit of work, but it works for me in the event my candles are uneven. I WAS working on a way to just level the entire table like fredron suggested, but it's all about personal choice and ease. I had a friend that gave me an electric skillet so I don't ruin any of my pans (they're cast iron), I'll be trying that when I get back up and running.

HTH

CK