Different Methods of Shipping FO

Last week I spoke with the cranky people at local post office about shipping FOs. After reading over some paper work they had, they told me that it had to be shipped parcel post, no priority because that went by air, nothing shipped overseas or out of the states. I've received FOs sent both ways with no problems. Why would my post office have such rules and others being so slack? I don't want to try going against THEIR rules...I'd get busted. Just curious since many times priority isn't that much higher and it usually gets their quicker. Ginger

Priority mail goes on an airplane, and with recent terrorist plans, no liquids are allowed on flights. Parcel post goes by truck, therefore liquids can go that way. It is a rule in all post offices. It could be that it wasn't revealed to the clerk in other offices that the package contained liquid. It' not the post office, but FAA ruling that is only meant to thwart terrorism and save lives.

I am curious - since when can't liquids go on a plane? They cannot have a quantity in the passenger area but they can in the luggage area....I know there was a while that you couldn't have anything (liquid) in the passenger area of the plane, but they have even relaxed that - now you can have it, just a limited amount....

So is this a new rule? I tried to find out more info - does anyone have a web address with this info on it?

That's why I'm asking. I received a package last week from a forum member, shipped priority to ME but my post office says no as far as me shipping priority. Guess I shouldn't have ask but I wanted to know all the proper ways of doing things. Guess I'll go to another town to ship and keep my mouth shut? Ginger

I went to two different PO and they both said I could ship FO priority mail as long as it was packed properly.:confused: When they ask if there is liquid in the box just tell them yes so they can mark the box w/ a sticker that says liquid. That way if someone is suspicious of the box they know we are not trying to hide anything because we told the PO what was in the box. That's how it was explained to me at the PO. All PO should have a standard rule either you can or can't.:wink2:

Just wanted to let you all know that on Sept. 10th I flew back from a trip to NYC and they would not allow my husband to take his visine on the plane. Also, the lady ahead of us had a liquid lip gloss that they threw away. She was ticked cuz she paid a lot for it.

Just wanted to say that the airplane rules for in the passenger section of the plane there are no liquids allowed to be brought on, I dont know about the luggage area for items like FO, but they didnt say anything about the shampoo, conditioner, lotion, etc in my stowed luggage.

HTH someone!

Pam

I am currently in a struggle with this very issue. I went to the post office and tried to mail a bottle of FO to Hawaii. I was told that I could not under any circumstances send it iparcel/priority mail. That was because the FO is considered as a hazardous/flammable liquid. It absolutely has to be sent via an overnight service. From what I understand, a priority package can go on a common carrier route, meaning a passenger jet. We can't have a hazardous package on a passenger jet. So it must go a overnight service, which is transported via cargo plane. I called the postal service customer care line and asked again...same story. It makes it difficult to ship FO's with this ruling. It ends up that the shipping is way more expensive than the product itself. It's frustrating, but I can certainly understand the ruling....which some of my customers don't understand at all!