Credit Card suggestions

jwahlton

I've seen where a few people take credit cards at their shows. Could you post who you use, the pro/con's of them as well? I've got some fall shows coming up and 2 are in a very upscale neighborhood and I'm sure I could get better sales if I offered this.

I've looked at Propay and Paypal, considering Propay since I don't want to have this going for very long (maybe until the end of the year).

Thank you

Julia - have you checked with the bank you do business with? I have done everything online, but nothing ever compared to what I got through my local bank.

Once you hit a certain dollar amount every month, it is like throwing money away on fees when you do things with propay or paypal. As long as you stay under a certain amount, it is good though - so I guess it would depend on the dollar amount you are doing too.

I would pick ProPay for the limited amount of time you want to use it. BUT if you think you might be interested in a longer timeframe, here are some recommendations:

1. Thompson Merchant Services (sorry don't have link but do a search as its been a recent topic)

2. Merchant Express - www.merchantexpress.com (This is the company I use)

3. PayPal Pro - The pro version of PayPal ($20.00/month I believe) and you can manually enter credit card transactions.

4. Check with your bank. I was personally unable to get a better deal direct from my bank but I have heard of many doing so.