Google Adwords (prepaid)

KristinesShower

I read a few posts on Google adwords while doing a search so I think I get the jist of it, but what I am wondering is how many of you actually use Google adwords and use the prepay option instead of the pay per click?

How much is normal for a month?

Do you find that if you put in X amount it runs out faster/slower?

I am thinking about $25.00 a month to start - does that sound logical or is it a waste of money?

Since the holidays are getting near, I would like to get some extra traffic on my site now, even if they are just coming to look (maybe they will toss me in their favorites come Xmas! :D )

So, I guess I'm not looking for BUYERS per se (I mean, I AM), but my main goal is to get traffic. If that makes any sense at all?

Honestly, sounds like a waste of money to me. You can get the same result in different ways (without a monthly fee.) I'm not sure if you designed your site yourself or if you had it done. Either way, it's really easy. Meta tags should be the first to be updated, then make sure you are listed with search engines (most are free and don't require you paying them.)

HTH

Funky

Honestly, sounds like a waste of money to me. You can get the same result in different ways (without a monthly fee.) I'm not sure if you designed your site yourself or if you had it done. Either way, it's really easy. Meta tags should be the first to be updated, then make sure you are listed with search engines (most are free and don't require you paying them.)

HTH

Funky

Actually, I wouldn't fall for the meta tag thing too hard. While there is no harm in doing it, it's extremely debatable as to whether it will get you the results you want. Your best bet is to exchange links as often as you can with sites that get a LOT of traffic, and sites who's material is relative. That is the best free way out there to help drive traffic to your site. The more often you are linked, the more often you are seen by everyone including the search engines.

It's been my experience that the content on your website will be targeted more than the meta tags. They both have their pros and cons but I've found search results are looking at the content within the pages of your site more than the meta tags.

Back to the original question of Google Adwords. I've heard it works for some and not for others. I would definitely do your research and make sure you are getting the target keywords that you want and getting good placement. I think $25.00 is a good starting point for you to try and see how it works for you.

The thing I never liked about pay per click is you keep paying and paying but you might not see any results. Plus your $25 will literally be gone within a blink of an eye. I think submitting your site to Google free works very well. They give you a little code that you pop into the metatags,t hen they verify your site with that and start crawling your site right away. Also submitting your products to Froogle. Exactseek has search engine submission for only $36 a year, no pay per click, and its pretty good. I would try the free alternatives first then go from there.

The thing I never liked about pay per click is you keep paying and paying but you might not see any results. Plus your $25 will literally be gone within a blink of an eye. I think submitting your site to Google free works very well. They give you a little code that you pop into the metatags,t hen they verify your site with that and start crawling your site right away. Also submitting your products to Froogle. Exactseek has search engine submission for only $36 a year, no pay per click, and its pretty good. I would try the free alternatives first then go from there.

What kind of traffic have you driven to your site by using the free things offered out there? What differences have you noticed? Can you find your site on any search engine within the first few pages using the search terms that most people would use?

Google Ad words can be great for business.

Take into account what keywords your going to bid for.

Will $25 post you in the top three

Once they click on your site how long is their hang time.

Do you have a way to track conversions?

For instance: I have one key word that we bid $ 8.00 per click for up to $100 a day. However, the conversion rate is high.

I have other key words we only bid up to $2.50 still good key words. However, conversions are a less.

I have a marketing company that manages my google ad words campaigns. I can see who has been to my site, how long they stayed, what search engine they used, did they convert.

Please note: I use this for my another company we own.