Table Cover's for Show's ???

classylady71118

Last years show I used a white sheet and then decorated with Christmas figures and such, I'm doing a Fall show in 3 weeks and want a much nicer table cover...what route do you go? Buy material and make your own or buy something ready made? Money IS a factor here....I've been looking at tablecloth material plus fall looking table runners at Hancocks and my Mom sew's????

TIA,

Beverly

Honestly? I would stay with one color - no prints - they can tend to take all the focus away from your products.

My MIL hem taped us a 8 foot one in blue. *3 cheers for hemtape!*

I agree with solid colors - at least for the table top. We've used solid white and solid green table cloths for the different tabletops and a little of the hang over and then used a print around the side to cover the stuff underneath. We use our carrying crates to make 'risers' and cover those with solid covers also. What's great about the sides are you can just measure the total length of your table around and buy that many yards of material. Tape it to the top (under your solid tablecloth) and drop down the sides and go all around - no hemming needed at all since the sides of material on bolts are 'finished' already. Is that a little confusing? :undecided

The first set of table covers I had, my mother in law made them for me. They were fantastic. However when we moved, I don't know what happened but the table covers disappeared.

I just purchased two new ones online at: http://www.chdisplay.com/

I could have probably bought the material and had them made again but timeframe wise, not enough time so just bit the bullet and bought them already made.

My sister used to entertain a lot and she lent me her tablecloths. I have 4 white ones that are the same size-- 30 inches X 84 inches. I drape one each over the shorter side of the table and adjust the length from there. Then I drape the other two on the right and left sides of the table's front. (I think I am confusing everyone here :grin2: )

The whole point is that I don't get the tablecloth bunched up at the corners of the table (where they drape). Having 4 pieces also allows me to cover whatever size table they have me use. Sometimes if the table is long, I have a 5th piece of cloth that's blue or striped that I put in the center.

I made my own, basically a box. Was a PITA but well worth it. They go to the floor; I left one seam open so I can stick stuff under. Looks totally neat. In all shows I've been in, the floor length is a requirement and creates a much classier look. Mine are dark green solid. I had considered Lindsay's link but ended up sewing them.

e

Eventually I'd like to have hot neon pink so I guess I'll be making these myself. Anybody here sew? I'm too lazy.

Bev, I'm on the hunt for a few things for the show next weekend myself. Give me a call over the weekend and I'll go over what I've seen so far that might work. Most are oddball brainstorms but you never know.

I went into Wal-Marts fabric section, picked what I liked and bought ten yards of it. Brought it home and measured it on my table, cut three pieces and sewed them together. Then, I only had to hem two sides..the other two sides had selvage (?). The only thing I wish I'd done is purchased a material that doesn't wrinkle so easily. :rolleyes2

The material I'm looking at @ Hancock's IS table cloth material which the sales lady says is wrinkle free and it's width is 60 inches, also I'm wanting solid black as I think that makes for a "Classy" looking table (I've noticed tables at other shows with the black table cover and really liked the look)....This particular show provides the table which is 6 ft x 3 ft, is that pretty much the standard? I hope so as I'm using that size to get my measurements and I called the promoter for measurements, (I went to Lowes and measured one that size so that I get the correct amount of yardage of material), I AM going to buy enough material so there IS a drop to the floor in front of the table. The material is $5.47 a yard. Also I want to point out the sheet I used last year I have also measured and it did have a front drop to the floor in front and partially in the back, I really would like the sides to also be to the floor so I will have to confer more with the sales lady at Hancock I guess, I WISH I had measured the table last year to be sure!!!! Because I live in the HOT south I don't intend on doing ANY outdoor shows unless it's in the cooler months of fall...provided we HAVE a cooler time in the fall! :D ! Using basic black I can add seasonal runners to add a punch of color and my DH is "supposed to" make my risers/shelves for my candles...hopefully he can see my vision and NOT procrastinate (sp) so they will be finished for my show??? I'm only doing the one table at this show to see if it will be worth coming back again next year....last years show unfortunately fell on the weekend President Bush "decided" to make the tax-free weekend so we didn't have a large number of people plus this show also has more to offer as there will be a outside car show plus childrens carnival rides, a pumpkin patch and childrens activities. My s-i-l and niece went to that show last year and said it had a huge turn out so here's HOPING!!!! There are ALOT of nicer shows around here and hopefully I can eventually be ready for those shows...it takes money to get all the necessary set-up's for those shows, back and side walls to divide your space, rent space, ect. I guess most of us start out on a smaller scale and work up. My son is working on some NICE signs for my acrylic frames with pricing, company name, contact info and such.....anything else I haven't considered? THANKS for ALL your replys and help!!!!

Beverly