To all newbies

boy am i stoopid :o....... I just attempted my 1st pillars using 2.5lbs paraffin slabs, 2 0z f/o, 1 tbsp vybar and 2.5 tbsp Stearine! OMG, the wax looks like molten lava LOL :laugh2: :laugh2: I didn't realize that you use one or the other, not both at the same time. Trial and error right folks.

You don't generally need to use both but you can. In and of itself it won't produce bad results to use Vybar and stearic. I've seen older candle recipes that call for both.

Your formula is just a little bit heavy on the Vybar. If the setting wax looks lumpy or wavy, that's what's causing it. But finish the candle -- it should come out OK!

Good luck.

I feel better now that I know others have done this successfully. There was too much of something because the candles were actually foaming. I removed them from the molds and they look better than I expected....once I reverse them, but there is a deep crater on the 'pour' side the size of the Grand Canyon :laugh2: . Yes, I need much more practice, they smell great though. I will post a pix this evening. Have a good day:grin2: