A few booth pics... ok..I fixed them

pamperme

Looks great Rachel - may I make a suggestion?

The first thing that stood out to me was the big white blank wall. Maybe you could get some material and a picture and dress it up to hide it? They say that blank walls are bad for business. (this looks kinda like the set up we had in the craft mall a few years ago!)

Also, if you have somewhere you can hang some lights to shine down on the products (in addition to what you have now), that also helps it pop.

Maybe some throw rugs and decor - sorry I get out of hand when it comes to this stuff lol We have a Big Lots and we did our whole booth for $100.00 and people were just amazed how good it looked. It really helps that I had my sister (who is an avid watcher of Trading Spaces) to help lol

Good luck and I hope you get tons of business!!

Looks very nice :)

You may was to fix your returned check sign. It should say NSF, not NFS.

LOL...oops..I was running around like crazy one morning tyring to get all my stuff together and printed out my sign..guess I forgot to proof it.

I have more pics to..my star melts in self serve jars are doing real well..guess I need to make more of those..I took more closeup pics to..I will put those on tonight. :wink2:

It is a Market Place..kinda like a Flea Market but better..there is a bridal shop, coffee shop(awsome frozen capuccino:D ), pizza shop and all kinds of VERY nice booths in there..that is why I decided to give it a whirl. Not doing bad so far..they said this is a slow month..but I already made my rent for next month and product replacement..and a bit more.

They still have not hung my wire for my black curtains that cover my booth when it is closed..they promised it would be up saturday..which will add a nice warm feel to the booth..I am going to tie them back with pretty ribbon during open hours...I also have white lights and white sheer fabric up around the top of the booth. CAN'T wait till holiday season.

Looks great Rachel - may I make a suggestion?

The first thing that stood out to me was the big white blank wall. Maybe you could get some material and a picture and dress it up to hide it? They say that blank walls are bad for business. (this looks kinda like the set up we had in the craft mall a few years ago!)

Also, if you have somewhere you can hang some lights to shine down on the products (in addition to what you have now), that also helps it pop.

Maybe some throw rugs and decor - sorry I get out of hand when it comes to this stuff lol We have a Big Lots and we did our whole booth for $100.00 and people were just amazed how good it looked. It really helps that I had my sister (who is an avid watcher of Trading Spaces) to help lol

Good luck and I hope you get tons of business!!

great ideas..I have a picture to hang and some things to take still..I have been working pretty much 24/7 to get it ready with my job and kids..I have been taking new stuff each week. I think I need to put up more shelves as well..I still have gift baskets to make and take..and those are bulky and will fill things in nicely. I like the throw rug idea..was worried someone would trip over it but the booth across from me has one..looks nice..hmmm..darn I have been avoiding big lots but I bet I could find a nice black rug there.

They are only there wed 9-7 and Sat/Sunday are the days it is open..Wed is only for vendors and I am supposed to have a curtain closed on my space like everyone else when I am not there..but they had to get stuff to put up my wire for me. I have the cafe rings and black fabric under my table ready to go...they better get it up on Sat..I hate the fact that it is open..nothing is missing though..

I think it looks real good. I'm sure that over the coming weeks that you will add this and that to fill it out. I'm proud of you for having done this work and putting so much into it.

Surely, your work will pay off during the upcoming months and I know it has to feel good to have already made this months rent etc. :smiley2:

HATS OFF TO YOU! and your DH for making a go of it. I take it that DH's position in Charlotte didn't pan out for you all's best interest. Nevertheless, good things seem to be coming from the labor of both of you.

Ya Done Good! Stick with it...:wink2:

They are still negotiating the $$$ :wink2: ..I am not making any plans to move until they have a firm deal and we HAVE to start packing..and even then I am waiting till the last minute to do this..I have been through that before and I am not making that mistake again..so we will wait and see what happens. They are supposed to let him know the deal this week and then we will go back with a counter offer if it is not workable..They are very family oriented so they know if it wont work for us we wont take it. Plus we will be short my income until I can find a part time job down there...so we have to take that into consideration as well.

As of right now..I am doing business as usual. :D