Is Polysorbate 80 considered a emulsifying

classylady71118

Yes, it's an emulisfier and surfactant, but no, it can't be subbed out for conditioning emulisifier and get anywhere near the same properties.

Conditioning emulisifier is: Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetyl Alcohol (and) Butylene Glycol

It's also known as BTMS.

It's know for adding softness and less tack than regular e-wax, and leaves your hair soft soft soft.

IMO, PS 80 just makes things water soluable and a tad less greasy.

You can pick up the conditioning emulsifier at MMS, I believe the Herbarie and To Die For carry them also. The only thing I'd sub for BTMS is BTMS 50 or one of the Iroquat's (not sure I spelled that right).

Yes, it's an emulisfier and surfactant, but no, it can't be subbed out for conditioning emulisifier and get anywhere near the same properties.

Conditioning emulisifier is: Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetyl Alcohol (and) Butylene Glycol

It's also known as BTMS.

It's know for adding softness and less tack than regular e-wax, and leaves your hair soft soft soft.

IMO, PS 80 just makes things water soluable and a tad less greasy.

You can pick up the conditioning emulsifier at MMS, I believe the Herbarie and To Die For carry them also. The only thing I'd sub for BTMS is BTMS 50 or one of the Iroquat's (not sure I spelled that right).

good to know, I have never used this, the only other thing I use "related" iscelquat H100

Hmm... Never heard of this one.. Teach me soapermom! What is it? Where do you find it! Something new! Must try! LOL!!

Ut-Oh, Bunny's frothing at the bit and her wheels are a spinning!! :laugh2:

Write this down in the books. Something Bunny doesn't know about. I think this may be a first. :P

ok ..HI.. I see it!! LOL

celquat is a cationic polymer, there are several formulations of it, some mnore cationic than others, some have the ability to emulsify some are just to use in conjuction with other surfactants. (copied from website) When added to skin lotions and creams CELQUAT H-100 imparts a smooth, velvety, non-oily feel to the skin. It does feel nice, too much can gel though... and feel kinda like "gel"

I have been playing with it for while and its just amazing LOL.

I am a bit of an alchemist/mad scientist type.

I played with this.. and added it to oils and in the right concentration it can act like viggie thix.. and thicken and emulsfy oils alone to "fake" butter.

I played with it the other day and added some to MP... and I don't know if it did anything truly beneficial as far as I didn't notice the soap felt silkier.. BUT.. side effect????? the MP had more lather than I had ever seen on MP. creamy lather. It had normal bubbles, but the amount and texture of creamy lather was akin to shaving cream.. it was THAT thick!!